Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Growtent info

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Growtent info

Hey guys i had a quick question...

couple days ago i bought a 4' by 4' by 78" grow tent. i was gonna get this...
    4 Bulb/8 Tube T5 HO Grow Light Hydroponic 2ft/4ft 48" Bloom Veg Fluorescent Lamp.
    Im pretty sure, but i wanted to ask if this is good? i am gonna hang it on the top (maybe a foot away from the top), and put numerous plants in the room. This will be the only light source. i plan to put the plants maybe three to four feet away from the tubes.
    thanks!
    "Be quiet! The plants will hear y... noooooo!" 'chomp - burp!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good... but I have no idea why you wouldn't keep it outside/near a window as well.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ---- Albert Einstein
    Food is a important part of a balanced diet.
    My small grow list

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok scratch what I said earlier. I did not realize the price of the entire 8 bulb fixture until now- 200 dollars!!
    So now I have a basic question for you guys- what is the rule of thumb when it comes to illumination/ wattage per sq.ft.? I think I was overdoing it any way with 8 bulbs. Would a single 4 bulb 20,000 lumen t5 fixture support the 4'4'6.5' tent? It will be probably 3-4 feet away from the plants.
    Thanks!
    "Be quiet! The plants will hear y... noooooo!" 'chomp - burp!'

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4' x 4'? Well, put it this way, I have a 48'' long x 14'' deep grow rack and I use a 4 bulb t5ho fixture. If you're talking 4' long by 4' deep, I'd personally want to go with a 6 or even 8 bulb fixture, but it totally depends on how many plants you want to cram into that space.