Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lances Nepenthes

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so I scroll down to see the jamban and my mouth drops. Then I scroll further down and see the wide, open mouth and I think, "Campy?" so my mouth drops again and to my surprise, it's a lowii x campy... I was actually considering buying one myself. How fast do they grow? Slow? Fast? Are they true intermediates?

The ones I was thinking of purchasing are probably 3-6 inches in diameter, I'm still waiting for a response from the vendor.

And I thought you had a kick-arsch GH? What happened? Am I remembering it incorrectly?

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice lance! I wouldn't worry too much about the predator right now, it is common for old leaves to yellow, as the plant can't really support all of them. Hopefully it is contrationg its energy on the node, which seems to be activating!

Everything else looks quite healthy
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To tell you the truth, I have no idea how fast lowii X campy grows because I just got it today as a cutting... from what I can see it does grow pretty fast because this cutting is about 3 feet across and is just about to start making uppers. Yes, they are true intermediates so they should LOVE your conditions.

I still have the greenhouse but Highlanders have really been my interest since they are so cool... there are a few interesting lowlanders, but to me every highlander is interesting in some way (which is why my HL chamber is so packed!). Also, the plants in the GH are in recovery now from "who knows what" and since there aren't as many plants in there there isn't a lot of updates to make for it. I will be getting some cool raffelsianas and what not in the future, but for now I just gotta get the plants back to health before I go to work at a Tissue Culture DNA lab to hopefully learn to TC rare Nepenthes seeds.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this pitcher yawning open when I walked into the HL chamber this morning... I just had to take a pic
    N. jamban

Photobucket

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice lookin pitcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh... a few days ago the N. lowii X campy's enormous 10" pitcher had to be cut... oh well, it was beneficial for the cuttings survival .
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Hard to see, but the N. X predator node is swelling... Woot woot!!

Photobucket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates!! A little anxious to see what all these inflating pitchers will turn out to look like, but I will be gone for two weeks so it's always good to compare and take some last pics.

N. X Predator node... Im really getting worried about this guy especially since I will be placing him in the hands of my parents for two weeks... can anyone confirm if the node has swollen more?

Photobucket
    So far I've noticed that the rapidly dying leaves will stop blackening once they get about an inch from the stem and just stay there... Im assuming this is good?
    Photobucket

Lil' hammy just popped a pitcher... this one should look colorful in the next two weeks

Photobucket

N. veitchi with the next inflating tendril... can't wait to see what this one looks like!

Photobucket

N. lowii X truncata

Photobucket

N. (lowii X veitchi) X boschiana

Photobucket

On a non-CP note the C. schilleriana pod is ripening pretty fast....

Photobucket

N. (ventricosa X sib) X (northiana X veitchi) I believe...

Photobucket

N. [eymae X (steynophylla X lowii)] X TM

Photobucket

N. 'Ile' de France'

Photobucket

N. splendiana X (X rokko X stenophylla) with the first pitcher since November

Photobucket

More to come in two weeks! If you don't know already I am going to work at a biotech lab where hopefully I can learn the exotic ways of TC .
    Last edited by lance; 06-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New arrivals!!

N. Macrophylla BE . . . Sure took me a good amount of work . . . but it was worth it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

N. raffelsiana brunei X (X Trusmadiensis) no pitchers yet, but I can't wait to see them!

Photobucket

N. dubia "red" seeds... hopefully these will germinate.

Photobucket
    Last edited by lance; 06-27-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast