Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Lances Nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey do you have any recent photos of the "hopeful monsters"? I bought the same hybrid (is it the same or were they all Mirilliana crossed with something different?) and I'd love to see what it might potentially look like. So far both the pitchers its put out were kinda mutant/deformed and I'm not sure if that was just it adjusting to my conditions or if its actually a "monster" lol. It's about to open it's third pitcher in my care this week so I guess I'll find out.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by East_to_west View Post
    Hey do you have any recent photos of the "hopeful monsters"? I bought the same hybrid (is it the same or were they all Mirilliana crossed with something different?) and I'd love to see what it might potentially look like. So far both the pitchers its put out were kinda mutant/deformed and I'm not sure if that was just it adjusting to my conditions or if its actually a "monster" lol. It's about to open it's third pitcher in my care this week so I guess I'll find out.
    I don't have any pictures of it right now. N. Hopeful monster is Mirillana X ?. The "Hopeful Monster" isn't even supposed to look like this, but I asked if there were any mutants that needed a home . It wouldn't surprise me if you happened to have the same sort of mutation with yours. There may have been a DNA frame shift in an entire seed pod that caused it to happen. I'm not so certain of the mutants stability. . . It has been pouting for quite some time.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopeful Monster sure looks like my Mirabilis, Winged x Veitchii

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your plants are looking great, Lance. The color variation of the lowii x Sabre Dark Cherry seedlings seems to be across the board.

You've got the skills to pay the bills..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats very interesting. The only two pitchers I have seen from mine have looked very different as far as shape. But they are both lime green with hints of some red that I think will show up in later pitchers. Theres a third on the way that looks a bit more "normal" so I'll see. Thats really bizarre though.. Yours is the only other picture of this plant I've ever seen. I wonder if the cross itself created some sort of genetic instability? I looked it up and came across your thing online. I think thats a very interesting idea. If your still doing that research and mine continues to be odd perhaps I can send it in to you for further evaluation.. Lol. Either way it's just cool to see someone with the same plant. Especially one that's quite a mystery to me. Keep it up Lance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes I'le De France by lance Plater, on Flickr

N. (lowii X veitchii) X campunalata by lance Plater, on Flickr

N. X Aeneas by lance Plater, on Flickr

More lowlanders..

N. merillana X (rafflesiana X thorelii X rafflesiana) by lance Plater, on Flickr

Nepenthes truncata X (thorelii X campunalata) by lance Plater, on Flickr

Nepenthe seed pods by lance Plater, on Flickr

Now highlanders..

Nepenthes Veitchii K by lance Plater, on Flickr

Please excuse the perpetrator that blocked the photo... this one was very hard to reach, but it was worth it.

Nepenthes X "Eldorado" by lance Plater, on Flickr

Didn't know you were that good, Spathulata...

Nepenthes Spathulata female by lance Plater, on Flickr

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some new arrivals. . .

N. Caruncunalata var. Robusta X Hamata. . . can't stop staring at this one O_O.

Not too sure how the teeth will play out in the upper pitchers, but the hamata parent appears to have dominated the color aspect of the peristome.

DSC01170 by lance Plater

N. Veitchii Bario SG

DSC01169 by lance Plater,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Lance!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast