Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lances Nepenthes

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lances Nepenthes

Thought I'd start a new thread since I just got a bunch of new Nepenthes with a veitchi k on the way and a veitchi candy striped not too far behind.

Heres some pics of the HL chamber with its new fogger which hopefully won't die... as you can see its gotten pretty jam packed so if anyone knows where I can get square pots that would be great .

The chamber:

Photobucket

Front side

Photobucket

Robcantleyi getting some color on it after one week of opening... my camera one second later died so thats why the pic is blurry but you can see the lovely cherry colors

Photobucket

N Jamban pitcher about to open... pardon the fog layer

Photobucket

This one's for you Brokken! N. spathulata X (veitchi X maxima) seed pods are going along nicely... they are getting bigger than the failed pods.

Photobucket

N. spathulata basals going nuts after their coffee feeding

Photobucket

N. lowii X truncata with the latest pitcher... not the best in the batch, but its a good start after its repot .

Photobucket

N. eymae X (stynophylla X lowii) X TM with the latest...

Photobucket

Looks like the coffee is doing some good... I was worried the N. thorelli X TM "8 of clubs stalk would stall and die... but if this lone basal rose from the ashes, then I guess theres some hope!

Photobucket

N. (veitchi X lowii) X boschiana

Photobucket
    Thats all for now! Leah wilkerson babies and Lowlander Nep pics coming soon!

- Lance
    Last edited by lance; 04-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plants Lance! Thanks for sharing pics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep pretty awesome dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some good looking Neps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice look forward to seeing the veitchi

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a search on coffee to see what I could come up with... Came across this thread again. Looks like coffee is doing wonders for you!

Which "blend" of coffee do you use? I used Colombia coffee and got mildly flavored, tea-colored water. What kind of coffee did you use to get such results?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I use Peats coffee, house roast, ground....thats literately all it says on the bag. Even with the creamer it tastes bitter so if you find some and start making I suggest stopping when you taste it and it tastes awful bitter... I use it on all my arriving Nepenthes and they start putting out big leafs like they didn't even move. I've even done it on my Jamban so I really don't think the dosage of coffee in this blend will be much of a threat unless it's expresso. Also, sees the thorelli X TM "8 of clubs" basal up there? Before I fed it coffee that exact basal had died and the viner shoot was turning black really fast. Now the basal has "rose from the dead" and the finer shoot is putting up leaves again.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big update! Just got a big N. lowii X campunalata female cutting in the mail along with a N. euschaya purple female cutting and a N. hamata. . . I also got a N. X predator cutting about a week ago along with a N. venticosa X inermis cutting...

Due to the space complications, all of the plants have been reduced to 6" square pots.
    Photobucket

The N. lowii X campunalata chillin with the euschaya in the rooting mix. . . hopefully I can get these girls to flower
    Photobucket

Looks like the pitchers are a little light starved... time for a tan :P
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

The N. X predator cutting with the N. ventricosa X inermis. . . Im getting really anxious about the predator . . . each day I think I see more yellowing in the leaves, but nothing has really happened in the past few days. ..

Photobucket

comeon... activate that node you!!!

Photobucket

N. hamata Gunung lumut AW

Photobucket

Closer pic of the newest pitcher

Photobucket

Although the new cuttings and hammy are good news, the bad news is that I have to train my parents to care for the Nepenthes for two weeks! Wish me luck!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast