What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Algae in the terrerium

I have a relatively new terrarium (about a month old) and after only a short while it seemed to filling up with some algae.
are they harmful and how do i get rid of them?

on top of the pots or bottom of the terrarium,i had it on top of pots and i grew a top layer of live sphag and live sphag in bottom of terrarium this stopped it,pics if pos would help

my algae did no harm apart from looking ugly,seedlings might not like it but your plants are quite large,i don't think its great though as it stops the air getting to the roots,what neps are they ,looks like a sanguinea and fusca at a guess,i am sure someone with greater knowlege will post

The algae itself isn't a problem, but it may be an indicator that something's up with your planting media. As in, there may be some nutrients in there.

The algae itself isn't a problem, but it may be an indicator that something's up with your planting media. As in, there may be some nutrients in there.

So far its a very small amount and it doesnt seem to be growing much.
i was told that it might be do to water accumulating on the glass, but thanx to my new installed fan that's no longer an issue.

Back