Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jht-union's greenhouses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for showing that. I've started stocking up on PVC and connectors but mine's the 1". Hope that will work ok. The bigger the pipes the more expensive the fancy connectors get. Is it latched with magnets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    Thanks for showing that. I've started stocking up on PVC and connectors but mine's the 1". Hope that will work ok. The bigger the pipes the more expensive the fancy connectors get. Is it latched with magnets?
    You are very welcome!

You mean the door, the door was attached using a drill and of course nails. I have locks to protect my plants from people going inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The succulent on the left is a jade plant which is Crassula ovata. I've seen the one on the right before and I think the genus is Senecio but I could be wrong.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. Yes I meant the door and the part that closes. I didn't see a handle on it only those black things and thought they might be magnets to keep it shut. Good idea if you have rare expensive plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmcnair View Post
    The succulent on the left is a jade plant which is Crassula ovata. I've seen the one on the right before and I think the genus is Senecio but I could be wrong.
    Thanks, I have seen those recently in lowe's I just need to write the scientific and common name.

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. Yes I meant the door and the part that closes. I didn't see a handle on it only those black things and thought they might be magnets to keep it shut. Good idea if you have rare expensive plants.
    Yup, and also you don't want people going in just to look at your plants( or stealth them), my theory is that, you take very good care of your plants and if someone by accident drops a pot or anything alike, you would be very angry......in other words, it is better that you have everything under control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got plants from Meadow View biological Research Station: ( http://www.pitcherplant.org/ )

I have to say, I was 100% pleased with the sarras and droseras I got!
    I can't wait for my plants to pitcher but I can already tell these plants are going to be GIANTS!
    definitely if you are looking for adult, good quality sarras, then order from meadow view, be aware that you have to be a member in order to get 50% off, other wise it will cost you a great amount of money, but just pay the $25 to be a member and get all the plants half-price, it is worthy and not only for the plants but you are doing something to further conserve the land for CP's and is a great way to help fund Meadow View so that they can continue with their conservation projects! Below are the plants I got:

I forgot to take pics of the droseras I received from them, will do that shortly!

On the other hand, I got even more Sarras from a member at the International Carnivorous Plant Society(ICPS) (here are some pictures of his plants: http://icps.proboards.com/index.cgi?...ay&thread=5500 ) Another great source to get sarras, he has a huge list of sarras to offer if you want to get some rare ones too. send me a PM so that I can give you his email address and you can write to him(I don't want to make his email public unless if authorized).
    here are the plants I got from him(he sent me an extra too!):

They dry during shipping, but should recover soon!

Another update!!!!!!!!!!!
    Today I finish filling all my 2ft containers and a new addition to the greenhouses, a very nice bridge to go from one greenhouse to the other!

and the bridge:

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    outstanding work those mini bogs are gonna be great

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast