Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jht-union's greenhouses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jht-union's greenhouses!

From now on, I will post my pics in this thread, I will not open more threads when putting pics, so get ready to scroll a few pages in the future.

Pics of greenhouses(during fall/winer):

I took these pics yesterday!:

Enjoy!

JHT-UNION

May 1, 2012

B52:

Fused Tooth:

bristletooth:

Sawtooth:

VFT Scarlet Maroon Iris:

Wacky traps:

Last edited by jht-union; 05-02-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is wacky traps any harder than a normal VFT? great pics btw, you should add pics of your entire greenhouses too
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmcnair View Post
    Is wacky traps any harder than a normal VFT? great pics btw, you should add pics of your entire greenhouses too
    Hi mcmcnair,

How is the plant i gave you doing?

The pinguiculas are doing great for me. They must be liking the 100F temps and the high humidity in the greenhouses.

I grow wacky like any other VFT I have, last year it grew fine inside the greenhouse in a 8-inch styrofoam cup like any of the other VFT's that I grew in the cups before switching to 2ft containers this spring. It took the same temps as the other VFT's(19F-100F) and the same amount of light, so it is no different than any other VFT.

I will add pics of the greenhouses shortly!

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May 15, 2012

My new Sarracenia leucophylla tarnok. It is more than 2FT tall!

Clearly my purpureas are loving the way I grow them, those are the biggest pitchers I have seen so far from a S. purpurea.

Catesbaei, love bug, lady bug, rubra, lecophylla, flava, minor, lava var, atropurpurea x var ornata.....and others:

B52:

Seed growns: I didn't found many of plants having tooth variation but instead more plants with the red pigmentation. Even with the rainy days and days so cloudy, the plants which are all green in the outside maintain a very extreme red on the inside.

This is my VFT Long Maroon Monster, which was sent by Matt almost 2 years ago I think and it looks a lot like FTS Maroon Monster. This VFT is still small but it has shown to be a great plant with vey deep red coloration inside and the leaf blade with a combination of red in the margin with green....this plant certainly is growing well and grows vigorously like FTS Maroon Monster. The plant next to it looks a bit like Long Maroon Iris except that that the leaf blade is much more thinner and doesn't grow as vigorously as this one. Also, compare the other surrounding red plants and you will understand why this is a great VFT! I will put this VFT in TC this summer!

More comparisons of green vs red VFT's:

Some bigger VFT's with no name yet, the traps are very big and grow very vigorously, they remind me of yet another FTS VFT such as FTS Etna.

I didn't measure the leaf blade, but of course you can see it is very large:

This is another VFT ( no name yet) grows like the other VFT above and looks like FTS Etna except that the teeth are much shorter and wide:

And this is another:

And more small VFT's:

Dionea was mentioning a lot of tooth variation, in this case, the ones I have show more red pigmentation and not much tooth variation. These are very appealing to the eye as they are completely all green and then the inside is completely deep red.

And yes, they are submerged in the water:

A very interesting VFT with traps that look like cupped traps, small traps but the leaf blades are long:

VFT Long Red fingers:

The few VFT's I allowed to flower:

S. flava var. atropurpurea x var. ornata:

VFT Fused tooth:

A nice blend of D. capensis and D. capensis 'alba':

D. tracyi:

D. filiformis:

VFT Fused tooth:

A nice comparison of color, the very green VFT is FTS Etna, and the red one is VFT Scarlet Maroon Iris:

Not sure:

B52:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VFT Trichterfalle:

VFT Bristletooth:

S. leucophylla hurricane creek

S. minor:

Glucose produced by S. flava var. atropurpurea x var. ornata:

S. love bug:

s. purpurea var. venosa:

I am able to fit about 2ml of water to the biggest pitcher:

D. capensis 'alba':

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your greenhouses. Could you show a detail of the doors? I'm planing on building one like this and it's nice to finally seen someone that's done this. What size PVC did you use? Not all the pics are working for me though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    I love your greenhouses. Could you show a detail of the doors? I'm planing on building one like this and it's nice to finally seen someone that's done this. What size PVC did you use? Not all the pics are working for me though.
    I will give you more info tomorrow about the greenhouses doors, pvc and all that.

I post pics at the ICPS as well ( a link to FTC) if you want to try, it might work.

I will post a pic tomorrow of the doors tomorrow night.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post

The PVC I use is 1-1/4"

Albaca, parsely, cilantro, oregano, rosemary:

Nice droseras pot :

Can someone tell me what are the other small plants I know there's a bamboo but I don't know what are the other plants:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast