Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    going to rig a universal water rez for the foggers that will feed each bottle. they drain far to quickly as is.
    If reptifoggers work the same way normal ultrasonic humidifiers do, they rely on the vacuum formed inside the bottle to not dump water all over the place. Punching a hole in the bottle removes that vacuum. Given the fact that reptifoggers DO just use a bottle as a reservoir, you have plenty of room to experiment - if you ruin one, oh well, go drink another soda. XD But I tried using a 5g bucket as the reservoir for a normal ultrasonic and it failed miserably. Even though I used a double-ring bulkhead on the reservoir and the bucket as well as an airtight lid on the bucket, it just dumped water all over the place. Suspect the bucket wasn't rigid enough or had too much surface area to "give" or even gravity, I don't know. All I know is I drilled a hole in a perfectly good humidifier for nothin'! LOL. That said, if you truly want a powerful, versatile humidifier (albeit expensive, relatively speaking - although, you are​ using two hygrotherms, so you seem to like to go big or go home like I do, lol), build yourself a bucket humidifier. I did quite some time ago and never looked back. ^.^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you veryyyy much for posting kyle! hadn't consider the vacuum.... was planning on sealing the larger bucket but airtight might be tough.

first off, awesome idea on the bucket humidifier. if it'll make my life easier on the reloads of water, im in!

can you throw up links to what I'd need for the bucket humidifiers? I am not super handy and need things explained pretty simply to me. But its not from lack of trying on my part!

The only problem i foresee is that i have two tanks on two hygrotherms. I want them to keep each tanks' humidity at set points. Can I do this with one bucket humidifier or would i need one for each tank?

again, really appreciate the input before i drilled holes anywhere i would regret.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureTom View Post
    They'll live, I've got several more intermediate Neps and in the winter they get lower temperatures than they'd prefer. They grow slowly compared to when its hotter but they are ultimately okay.
    i am thinking of compromising and aiming for high 50s to maybe 60 degrees and that way it'll keep more of the plants happier. what you think bout that?

Quote Originally Posted by potted_plants View Post
    Looking nice!
    thanks bud will be much more fun when new pitchers staart poppin!!!!

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suh-weet!

I love the setups! My terrarium was never this fancy, but I was considering setting up another for lowlanders, but I probably couldn't keep them for long since they grow so big so fast. It looks really cool with those foggers turned on. Was considering getting one for my greenhouse but they looked kinda 'spensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks pineapple!

I am already having to think about what im gunna do when they outgrow the tanks....gunna keep my eye out for bigger tanks for cheap in my area till then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that set up looks awesome Mylesg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just potted up my new arrivals and repotted all the others yesterday. now everybody is in net pots with a perlite coco chunk and chopped sphag mix of equal parts. nice and airy as the humidity is always going to be 90+ for them

will do individual plant shots with ID later on.... gotta get my cooler system setup n running now that it finally showed up

oh n the eggcrate came as well n is in place under the plants.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast