Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: myles' high and lowland terrarium builds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse myles' high and lowland terrarium builds

hey TF I been saying I'd make a thread for my terrariums n here it is. I'm in the process of gathering my supplies and puttin em together. Each tank will be 30 gallons, one glass and one acrylic.

-lighting each with t5s
    -hygrotherm controllers, one for each tank.
    -humidifying with a reptifogger for each... going to rig a universal water rez for the foggers that will feed each bottle. they drain far to quickly as is.
    - diy cooler system for the highland tank
    -heat mat stuck to the back wall in lowland to keep temp up when lights are off
    -black eggcrate on the bottom of each with plants set on that
    -LFS around the pots
    -still deciding on backdrop... might choose a jungle type scene or just mylar to maximize light.

that be all that is coming to me atm...I'll also have a seperate tank for my mexican pings but they don't need anywhere near as many toys to keep em happy.

I went to take pics yesterday and my memory card literally fell apart in my hands... new one on the way but pics will have to wait

Only question I have is what temps should i keep my highland n lowland tanks at? Also, should i have a day to nighttime temp drop in my lowland tank? obv not as substantial or cool as the highland but even just 5 degrees cooler at night?

I appreciate any support and input you guys n girls have for me. I promise pics soon as that lil plastic card gets here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty clueless when it comes to lowlanders but ideal highland temps are typically 70F in the day and 50F in the night. For a lot of people (including me) these temperatures are a bit low and most highland Neps apart from the particularly fussy ones will be fine in slightly higher temperatures as long as they get a decent nighttime drop. In the summer my Neps grow at around 75-78F in the day and 56-60F at night and whilst they do slow down a bit, they seem perfectly happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot for the info since i won't have a tank for intermediates, highland intermediates will be in there too.... will they find the lower (70 day 50 night) temps suitable as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow my lowlanders in around 90F during the day and it drops to about 70-75F at night and I'm growing all sorts of lowlanders, just look at my growlist. I'm going to be posting pictures of all of my plants soon. I just finished a new setup and I just need to get around to taking pictures.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres an update guys... finally got my new memory card

last night i built the frame for the lights to be hung from. it works perfectly.

my lil ping tank and current lowland tank on the right.

some quick plant shots. will do more in a seperate thread

and here the 4 footers light mixture.... two 6500k, one 3000k and one super actinic to bring out the real deep colors. at least thats the plan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good!!! Got a great start going there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks man I have a few more that i just got confirmation shipped out today. always good news!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    Thanks alot for the info since i won't have a tank for intermediates, highland intermediates will be in there too.... will they find the lower (70 day 50 night) temps suitable as well?
    They'll live, I've got several more intermediate Neps and in the winter they get lower temperatures than they'd prefer. They grow slowly compared to when its hotter but they are ultimately okay.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast