What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heli's magical greenhouse adventure

very exciting.

Looks good Heli!! You're going to enjoy it big time.

If it was me I would change two things. Number one is try and move it away from the baseboard heaters, as this will make your AC run more. Number two is I would move the AC unit out of the tent and vent the cool air inside. With it inside, any heat from the AC unit itself is working against it, again costing you more $$. This would also mean more room for plants :)

Drew, thanks! The tube coming from the AC out to my window vents out all the hot air. I don't think I would be able to duct the AC because it has a strange output

Oh and also the the baseboard heaters are never really on but I did move the growroom away, thanks for the advice!

I have hit a brick wall..... Everything is put together and working but I just found out that the AC does not turn on automatically when plugged in which is a huge issue for me. Anyway I can bypass this or mess with the AC for it to do so?

Couldn't you use a thermostat? And route the power through that?

I want it hooked up to my hygrotherm so that's what I tried. When the hygrotherm tries turning the AC on there is a beep but it doesn't start.

Most digital AC units do not turn back on after power being shut off (which is what the hygrotherm does) so thats most likely your problem which sounds like you knew. Im no electrician can't recommend a work around but there probably is one.

Also, the hygrotherm isn't to be used with any devices totalling more than 1000W according to the manual, so I would check to see if your AC unit is larger than this (I suspect it is). This 1000 watts includes anything plugged into the hygrotherm.

http://www.zoomed.com/Library//ProductDBFiles/HT-10_HygroTherm_Ins.pdf

Yeah i didn't know that it doesn't automatically turn on, I assumed it would because my window unit does that. I guess I could use a timer instead but that also involves turning it on and off. There is a timer on the AC but it's one of the ones that gives you the 1-12 hour setting. Ugh... This is a nightmare.

Back