What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul's Bog, High and Lowland Terrariums

On the 55 I have 5 domes. The 2 exo-terras have 1 dome on each and a 36" double t-8 across the back of them both. I'll get some new pics up when I get back from vacation.

Love the N. bellii! It looks like it likes your conditions.

like your collection...striking and diverse.

Incredibly impressive!

Just an update
Unassisted leaf cutting growth
_MG_5247.jpg

U. livida
_MG_5245.jpg

_MG_5242.jpg

_MG_5240.jpg

_MG_5238.jpg

N. reinwardtiana basal
_MG_5234.jpg

_MG_5232.jpg

_MG_5225.jpg

_MG_5186.jpg

_MG_5168.jpg

_MG_5148.jpg

Finally, my first decent pitcher
_MG_5104.jpg

_MG_5110.jpg

_MG_5114.jpg

_MG_5120.jpg

More of the 'Tarnok'
_MG_5257.jpg

_MG_5264.jpg

_MG_5276.jpg

Bonus spider!
_MG_5318.jpg

That back shot of the 'Tarnok' is awesome! Very nice detail and DOF.

It's crazy how much N. izumiae looks like N. singalana. In looking it up I also found an amazing close relative of these two species: N. lingulata, which I hope to see enter cultivation at some point. Anything you do that you think helps your P. primuliflora to flower? Mine do great under cool white florescent lights but never seem to want to flower. Maybe they just need to be given more seasonal change (photoperiod and temp)? I pretty much grow them as tropicals...Maybe that's the problem....
Anyway, great plants :)

Edit: So, did a little research and N. lingalana is in cultivation, I've just never heard of it before. It sells at a price comparable to hamata... Way off the subject, but since I brought it up, thought I should finish the thought...

Last edited:
Thanks WM, It's my only fully mature looking pitcher and its gorgeous. I can't stop looking at it.

The N. lingulata does look like the 2, except for that cool dangle thing. Definitely a awesome looking nep!

Wonderful plants, especially that red amp!
And yes, lingulata is in cultivation, though still extremely rare. Managed to get some seeds recently though, and they're sprouting! :D

Completely forgot about the P. primuliflora question. I have no idea how to get them to flower. I have 4 in 3 different tanks and they all seem to send up flowers at the same time. Not sure why.

Thanks hcarlton!

I can't say the name, of course, but there is a nepenthes vendor selling lingulata. It's definitely out there.

digging that albomarginata pic looking down into the pitcher.

Back