What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myles' lowland tank

• Thread starter mylesG
  • Start date
_____

Last edited:
Very nice! I recommend getting a N. X singapore garden tech if you can find one.. they make very deep red pitchers and would be perfect for your terrarium there!

thanks for the suggestion lance :) I've heard those are super vigorous neps. I'll look into one for sure

Looks sweet. Looking forward to your bical making a pitcher. I have the red pitcher form.

_____

Last edited:
how close do you live to the black jungle retail store? what size tanks do you have? whats the output on your light fixtures?

the tanks are 36 inches long, 24 inches wide and 24 inches tall. have two identical tanks, one highland and one lowland.

for lighting over the two tanks i have a 4 foot four bulb fixture and one 2 foot four bulb fixture. about 300 watts between the two. puts out around 30,000 lumens :)

I thought 30,000 would be too bright for the lowlanders. i have a mirabilis var echinostoma that was getting red spots adjusting to my 10,000 lumens setup. perhaps when i get a larger terrarium i may spring for a 20 or 30k setup.

thanx for the info btw.

_____

Last edited:
I thought 30,000 would be too bright for the lowlanders. i have a mirabilis var echinostoma that was getting red spots adjusting to my 10,000 lumens setup. perhaps when i get a larger terrarium i may spring for a 20 or 30k setup.

thanx for the info btw.

to be fair, the lights are about 24 inches from the plants and only half of those lumens are over the lowland tank. the highland gets the other 15,000

ahhh! look at them teeth! >:)

_____

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the update! Nice to see your truncatas are doing well :)

i edited the pics n removed the vender's names but yet when i posted they show? hopefully they will correct soon.

thanks TOG, they took a while to do much but now finally putting out bigger pitchers n showing improvement!

Love the last amp's peristome. Looking great Myles! The bical's are also very nice, sick fangs.

Dude, that's an incredible lowland set-up. Very well planned.

I've been an admirer of the different ampullaria variations for a while, and you're one of the few people on here that I've seen try to grow them. That lime twist is beautiful.

i appreciate it drew, the bicals came without any pitchers so progress has been made but i want some real killer pitchers! one day.... :)

thanks alot mato, I'd still like to get some of the rarer variations if they become available like the borneo sunset and the bronze/brown ones. Just can't get enough of the species.

Lime twist is my favorite one, perfect colors.

Nepenthes ampullaria is one of my favorite species. It is the only one I'll admit to hoarding. Nice collection!

Very nice myles! I've got pretty much all the ones you have but I don't have that williams red x harlequin or the brunei red. But I've got a few that you don't have I think. I've got a really nice Tricolor with orangey-bronze peristomes and a couple 'Bronze Nabire'. I think I'm gonna work on getting 'Borneo Sunset', 'Cantley's Red', 'Harlequin', 'William's Red', 'Hot lips', and the bronze-orange ones like you next.

Back