User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 15

Thread: June 2012 Heliamphora grow rack update..

  1. #1
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,811
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool June 2012 Heliamphora grow rack update..

    Everybody still seems happy and the automated watering has made things fun again

    Pics taken a few moments ago
    (humidifier turned off for pic taking purposes)






    (all images are of top rack only)

    Unexpected side benefit is water consumption has dropped to near zero. Since moving to the new system Ive only changed out the reservoir water 3 times. Only water loss is that due to evaporation.

    Thanks for looking,
    Av

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cascadia Subduction Zone
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great as always, Butch. I guess you're able to maintain the cool temps with the fans alone, for the most part. If not, what sort of timer is the humidifier set to?

  3. #3
    instigator thez_yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, USA
    Posts
    5,025
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is amphirion? Hey amphypoo - we should go make a trek through Tincher Massif. It looks ripe for the pickin' I call dibs on that sarracenioides..

  4. #4
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,811
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    Looks great as always, Butch. I guess you're able to maintain the cool temps with the fans alone, for the most part. If not, what sort of timer is the humidifier set to?
    Mato, I use evaporational cooling.... the fans and humidifier run whenever the lights are on. All are on the same timer..... the two fans (and two power supplies) are for redundancy sake.


    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    Where is amphirion? Hey amphypoo - we should go make a trek through Tincher Massif. It looks ripe for the pickin' I call dibs on that sarracenioides..
    Hey you, get off my massif..... dang cali yuppies :P

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cascadia Subduction Zone
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we're running things almost exactly the same, then (granted.. I did model mine after yours).

  6. #6
    instigator thez_yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, USA
    Posts
    5,025
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Hey you, get off my massif..... dang cali yuppies :P
    Well I never. Dang yankee to you!

  7. #7
    Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very beautiful Butch! Everything is so healthy and colourful, I hope your helis will continue to flourish in their new setup.

    As for those heli poachers, time to get out the bandana and 4x4
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

  8. #8
    instigator thez_yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, USA
    Posts
    5,025
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivoure12 View Post
    Very beautiful Butch! Everything is so healthy and colourful, I hope your helis will continue to flourish in their new setup.

    As for those heli poachers, time to get out the bandana and 4x4
    Yeah, lets go catch those guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •