User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In-Greenhouse Lowland Winter-Only Terrarium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than go through all the trouble, I would just have the terrarium in the house under florescent lights so you wouldn't need to worry about the temps so much. I have my lowlanders seperated between a terrarium and a closet growth chamber both with lights on at night instead of the day to combat night temp drops. They do well...Just what I would personally do in your situation. Seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth to try to grow lowlanders well in a highland greenhouse.

...Otherwise I would agree that a heater of some sort in the terrarium would be your best option at night (though the heater may likely use more electricity than using florescent lights.)
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason to get them was to grow them in the greenhouse with my other neps since they're a more adaptable lowlander. I don't want to grow them in a terrarium inside, I won't be able to enjoy them as much. I'll see how they do in the greenhouse.

Do you think that the 90F daytime temperatures and the near 100% humidity in the terrarium will help if the nighttime temperatures are in the 50s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will, but like I said above, something as simple as a black soup can filled with water will easily hold enough heat through the night to accomodate them. Or just put the tank right next to the heater, it's pumping out very hot air regardless of the the temperature of the GH, and adjusts the amount of heat if it's colder.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try a soup can or two and see how that works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12