1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jonathan. I hope so too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have been fiddling with an automated watering Set up. I work 6 days a week usually and don't get that much time to spend with my plants. Algae seems to be the biggest problem as some water will always get left behind in the watering trays. I am doing my best to keep my water reservoirs dark, and so far I empty them completely and clean them about once a month, seems to do the trick.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dat sphag!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varun, glad to see you are back. I very much hope your plants do well!

The veitchii seeds you sent me germinated, I can't thank you enough for the chance to try those.

Please tell me if you want anything on my growlist over at OCPS, and I will try my hardest to propagate it for you.

Gabriel
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope it works out well for you Varun. I have been looking at making a similar system, just haven't had time.

Post updates when you can

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate that Gabriel. At that time when I got the seed, I didn't have time for it myself, so I sent all of them away to you. Glad to hear they germinated. I am focused right now on just growing the ones I have. I'll keep you posted when I am capable at increasing the collection again. Thanks!

Thanks Drew. Good luck with the setup. The pieces were hard to put together, there was a lot of trial and error and lot of shopping around especially now when the pond season is over. Its hard to get those fountain pumps.

Regd algae...I have to wait and see. I might do the duckweed thing and see if it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varun, I would watch that duckweed idea... If the duckweed doesn't have any nutrients to feed off of it will die causing a nitrate spike further increasing your chances of algae... Just my 2 cents

Roger

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the utmost luck with your automated system, it sure looks like a formidable system so far. Sorry to hear (and see) the plants that you have lost so far. They were gems, I am sure.

The only thing I would wonder is if it would just be too wet for some of those plants with the constant watering, or is not constant?
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast