Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: My indoor greenhouse and desk setup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are lucky to have that N. sanguinea X ramispina hybrid! You are doing great work with the Nepenthes. They obviously like you. I'm glad you are enjoying the robcantleyi hybrid :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice setup, do you use fans or any type of air circulation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul! The rob hybrid has really grown on me! I'm excited for it to grow out. Hopefully all the pitchers from now on will be red which would be cool. And yeah Christian everything is jumping in size pretty significantly! A little bit of coffee goes a long way! Most of the smaller plants have only been "dosed" once. I believe it was you that showed me a photo of what N. "riddler" looks like as a more mature plant. That got me excited for it to grow up! And redtxn, I do use a small fan, but it's not on all day. I have my windows open right next to the closet and it's fairly low humidity so stagnation generally isn't an issue for me even when I have my humidifier running (which has been two or three night's throughout the week). I'd say the ambient raw humidity in my room nowadays is roughly an average of 50% without the humidifier running. If I really want to boost humidity I close the closet doors and run the humidifier. My plants are hardened off enough so they don't need to be humid all the time, but I find that a couple humid nights are beneficial to the health of the plants. I'm sure my amps are going to be happier now that they're in the covered propagation dome. They have been sitting outside in very highland weather that's much less humid than they were used to for two weeks which they really didn't appreciate, although there wasn't even any pitcher droppage so all is well
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg,
    If you think Coffee is good, then you need to try MaxSea for 6 months. Seriously. How do you think this got this big in 12 months (from a 5" seedling)??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sold! Is there a specific variety of MaxSea that I should get?
    or is it all the same??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by East_to_west View Post
    I'm sold! Is there a specific variety of MaxSea that I should get?
    or is it all the same??
    Its the one Peter D'Amato offers on CC site; the 16-16-16 all-purpose. I got it through Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a BUNCH of new arrivals this week! I'll only post the ones worth looking at, but there are a few boxes worth of little ones as well.

Burb x eddy

N. alba

N. tentaculata trusmadi

Lowii x campy (Thanks Paul!!)

N. glandulifera!!

My shelf is WAY beyond capacity, so I converted this sweet terrarium into a grow chamber. It has these built in vents and a top that houses CFL's. I need to get a better light source but it has one CFL and two T8's. It has egg crate sitting over some water to raise humidity. I'm hoping that it doesn't stay too hot in there. I'm using the ghetto "frozen water bottle" technique. I would like to find a more efficient cooling method.

My first nep (ventrata), after 6 months finally decided to open a few pitchers. When it gets going, this plant is vigorous! It's opened 5 pitchers in the past week.

Spath x spec

N. ramispina

PINGS!

Vent x spectabilis "giant"
    Last edited by East_to_west; 07-14-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your collection just jumped from "starter" to "BIG PIMPIN'" !!!
    Love your ping setup, and that burb x eddie.. I've had my burb x eddie for almost 2 years now and yours towers over mine. Love that cross..
    Looking good G..

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast