Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: My indoor greenhouse and desk setup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now for the tray thats at room temperature for my highlanders. I leave the window open at night and they seem to like the cool ocean breeze at night.
    Got an order from Tony today. LOVING the new additions. Here's N. Ramispina

Lowii x Muluensis I've never seen such small pitchers look so mature!! In love with this plant! I have him and the ramispina bagged up for the time being. I'm afraid it won't give the proper drop in night temps though.. Anyone have input?

N. "Riddler" giving birth to chewbaca! I can't wait until this plant gets older!

This is my first utricularia. Also got it today. U. Livida. Pretty stoked on this one too!

Tilly flowering! These guys sell for $3 at the farmers market here if anyone has trouble getting them elsewhere. Tons of different kinds..

Here are a few more shots of tillandsias from my "tree" I have a bunch more if anyone's interested in seeing them too:

My first pings given to me in a very generous trade. They don't look too hot because they got smushed en rout to my place but they're all putting out really nice new growth quite vigorously! Flowering too!

D. Spatulata clump eating some fish food. I bought this as one plant but it was really just a clump of at least a hundred babies. I've separated a bunch of them so far so I should have tons of little ones in a bit for trade.

Last but not least for outside the grow tent I have my D. capillaris kickin' it happily in a salt shaker. The lid is perfect for humidity retention with all its tiny holes

He's about to flower too:

Also got some new growth from this mounted lelia orchid:

Aaaand the newest from N. Sanguinea
    Last edited by East_to_west; 02-14-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And lastly, The mini grow tent for my lowlanders:
    N. "hopeful monsters" (merilliana x ?) Threw out its first pitcher in my care. The shape's a bit off but I like it! I hope this guy gets huge! It's the biggest plant in my care other than my ventrata

N. Albomarginata "Cameroon highlans"

D. rotundifolia hybrid with ? Settling in. Still looks a bit shabby from being in transit but he's chillen' and starting to dew up.

Some Sarracenia seedlings doing their thang

And this pretty big S. Pupurea coming out of dormancy. It's just about to put out a flower and then hopefully a bunch of new growth. It's my only CP thats outdoors right now but I plan to move a bunch of the dews and some Neps soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey EtW. Sorry for the delay in response. Been a bit busy lately. In response to the zipper query: yes. I think the whole tent/rack is low quality, but for the 17$ I paid for it I have definitly got my money's worth. Fortunatly I havn't broke a zipper yet, but I try and be real carefull doing anything with it. I think I have mine at it's weight capacity as some of the plastic supports are bowing. I've been thinking about picking up a back-up and leaving it in the box in the closet just in case of a mechanical failure. Great pics by the way! Love that blue tilly flower for sure.
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved some things around and converted my whole closet to a highland/ sundew setup. Except for the ultra lowland terrarium.

Decided to take a bunch more photos of my tillandsias since my collection now rivals my nepenthes (almost)

Picked up this Phal for $6 at the hardware store.

Love my tiny ramispina

N. Riddler = N. spathulata x (veitchii x (maxima x veitchii)) I think it has some sort of small fungal infection. Should this be quarantined??

Tillys and sang

neoregelia "fireball" pup with more tillandsia. My fireballs outside are finally turning bright red I wish the ones indoors would do the same. Need more light

Wish I knew the names for all of these

muluensis x lowii I know these photos are similar to the last but I love this plant!

Sarr seedlings growing up! I got a bunch more sarrs and dews that are outside. I'll take photos when it's light out

Dew/Ping/Utric area

drosera venusta lost some dew in the car ride from LA but he's chillen

Can anyone ID these pings?

Other one:

U. vulgaris

Other tilly tree

New amp pitcher!!

And lastly the first nepenthes I ever ordered and the only one that has never settled in This is the first new leaf it's put out. I don't understand what "deadflytrap" does to their plants.. It seems everyone has a terrible experience with them. It's a wonder anyone buys their products. Really though its ridiculous how terrible the customer service is and how the plants are kept....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops... This is the amp I'm talking about. It's (supposedly) a "herlequin" although the other plant in the order wasn't what it was supposed to be. Talk about every aspect of bad service...

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's gotta be the most bizarre muluensis x lowii I've ever seen.

Great plants - can't wait to see your set-up evolve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about, there's tons of comments here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just meant on my last post lol. Thanks guys. But as you can see I'm lacking in the light department.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast