Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Grow Chamber Decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built all my grow chambers out of 2x4's and panda film. Bought a 100' rool of panda film for around 75 including shipping and the 2x4s are about 2.50 to 3.50 depending on grade and quality of the lumber you wish to purchase. Sometimes you can even salvage perfectly fine 2x4 from construction sites. I can not justify building out of pvc due to me hanging all the lights and pots from the ceiling. I feel as if i would have a mess on m have very quickly. You really need no construction experience at all to build one. Simple square building. not hard to build. Ive build a few so far and have gotten it down to building one in about 2 hrs from start to fininsh. This does not include filling it with plants and hanging the lights tho.

here is the grow chamber from the outside wrapped in panda film. its pretty thick and durable. to me its worth the money.

The door.. lol a heavy duty tarp zipper. max of 10 bucks at a local hardware store.

here the ceiling. framed it with lots of places to hang things.

these are the corners,as you can see the from and side framers are infront of the lateral stud to ensure more surface area for the legs to sit on and maximize as much space as possible.

good thing about wood is additons are easy just make a small nailer and continue on you can also see example of being able to hang things.

more examples of being able to hang things. have yet to have anything rust. had the one chamber up for about a year now.

can even hang a bathroom exhaust fan for more air circulation or whatever else you want to hang.

this might help on your desicion and you build it as big or as small as you want. its up to your imagination.
    Last edited by hazedshaman; 02-06-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to the suggestions already posted in the thread, I would recommend looking at what others have done. Swords did this one (although it's missing the pics?? ), Av did this one (which has a very interesting auto-watering setup), and Jeremiah created one modeled after Av's & I know there are several more out there ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hazedshaman awesome setup. Sounds like it is working well for you! Thanks for updating with pics.

@RL7836 thanks for all of these references, they all look like some awesome projects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics of the cramped plants:

N. lowii

H.minor:

(nectar spoon damaged from terrible lighting accident.)

little ceph:

might be time for a moss trimming soon

misc nep cuttings:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any of you guys have fungus problems from having wood in a high humidity area? just yesterday actually i had to remove all the wood from my tent, im on an all metal/plastic setup now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawn View Post
    any of you guys have fungus problems from having wood in a high humidity area? just yesterday actually i had to remove all the wood from my tent, im on an all metal/plastic setup now
    I have the moisture in my chamber such that there is very little condensation on the inside. There is a LITTLE condensation build up on the foam panels mainly when the lights and fan are off for several hours, but none when they are on; and all the surfaces completely dry each day. I hope that is enough to discourage fungus, but time will tell...
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deleated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense, but that N. lowii looks.... not so great. It looks humidity and light deprived. Is recovering from a recent shipping?
    Brennan
    My growlist: http://bit.ly/VUE0ri

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast