What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow Chamber Decisions.

they also arnt as bright as say a sunblaze system but thell work fine for most ppl

ryan what do u mean by 4x4x6 feet or inches if its feet you need a light system like mine :-(

Why would he have a 4" square grow chamber? It wouldn't even fit one pot :lol:

i know but he said to me he want to only use one or two small light which would not work with a chmaber of that size
Ryan dont use t8s they suck in light quality so youd need like 10 to get enough light
mabe make the whole thing smaller unless you want to spend like $400+
so mabe 3x2x4 or something

I'm going to do 4x4. I have to see about the lights. I'm kinda busy with the storm, so I might disappear for a day or two.

ryan 2 lights wont work for a 4x4 and 4 lights is not gona work 6-8 might if there t5s but youd need at least a 2 hundred dollar light

Here are the lights I'm looking at:t5 lights. I think I have decided to go with t5s on this one...although I still feel the need burning in my gut to cheap out and use t8's :)headwall:). I estimate that the whole project will come to about 175 with these lights. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Thnx

ryan thats still half as many lights as you need get two of those and thats good

I think four is plenty for my purposes.

well ryan it will be half as bright as mine

also your whole project will be like 400 because u need ac humidifiers lights the thing itself

Four a four foot square chamber you will need eight lights. I would downsize the chamber if you don't want to buy a lot of lights. A 2' x 4' shelf will last a long time, just ask mato.

Hrmnnn....this is getting tricky....you guys are saying that 4 four foot t5s in reflectors in a room covered in reflective paneling won't be close to enough for mah plants? Errghh. :headwall:

Not if they are five feet above the plants.

OK...I'm not going to make a grow chamber then. I don't want to spend all that monehs. :/. Right now I'm looking at a grow shelf like you suggested, Sundrew. I'm going to buy two 2 bulb t5's and put them vertically on either side. Updates soon.

-Bio

Back