Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grow Chamber Decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grow Chamber Decisions.

Hey guys!

So I have a bit of a problem on my hands. I have no room for hl plants anymore:
    (yes that is an aquarium heater in a cup. No I don't think its dangerous and yes it does work well)

10 gal is just not working.

So I was thinking about getting a grow chamber, but I am not going to pay someone more than like $200 for one. I think that I should make one. I was thinking about having a PVC frame and just wrap that with the reflective fabric. Or maybe I will just get some nice metal shelving, wrap it in clear wrap and aluminum foil and stick some lights on top or better yet just get a bigger aquarium. Any comments, safety warnings about my ghetto heating method, stories about when you hit this point in the hobby or whatever else you want to say pls. post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought you said it was a HL tank. Looks like a LL tank especially with the heater.
    Gettin there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    start using square pots. circular pots waste so much space.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can build a grow chamber for around $20. And a huge chamber at that. Details can be found at nepenthes university.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just (almost) finished building a terrarium from scratch. It was based off of this awesome one that I found super inspiring: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...1&#entry212190

Its for amps which are LL obviously but my point is that its not too difficult to create something similar. Any of the ideas you just said would work well too I think. I just bought a 4 tier mini indoor greenhouse online for $35 and with a bit of cooling it would be perfect. I use it also for LL plants and I grow my Hl just on a desk in a windowsill. The CPUK forum gave me a bunch of great ideas I want to try out when I actually decide to build a HL grow chamber which will be at some point in the next month or two. Some guy build the frame out of styrofoam and added some wood pieces and a glass or plexiglass front. Acrylic is good too if you aren't worried about scratching it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
    Thought you said it was a HL tank. Looks like a LL tank especially with the heater.
    The temps are about 55 nights and 75 days (the tank is in my basement). IMO that is a highland

Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    start using square pots. circular pots waste so much space.
    Yes I have thought about this, and it is probably a good idea, but it seems to me that circular pots are somewhat the standard. Not that I want to conform to that standard, but it seems that almost every pot I get is circular. It makes no sense. I feel that even if I did transplant them all into square pots I would still need more space soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well in that case, you have a HL chamber. Sorry.
    Gettin there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcal View Post
    You can build a grow chamber for around $20. And a huge chamber at that. Details can be found at nepenthes university.
    wow! my friend just bought one for like $200(I think). Thanks so much for this info.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast