Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Techno Greenhouse :awesome:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that Arduino is the better choice outside of the realm of industrial uses. They start at around thirty bucks and the programming is easy to learn and use. For projects like this you shouldn't even have to program at all. The kits should be preloaded with software

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just depends on the person really... I would prefer PLC ladder logic and with closed loop feedback.
    Nice that there are plenty of options available.... and more being developed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read the website and it seems a lot better that I thought at first. Seems like you can get some decent automation for far less than $100. Aniyone join the kick starter? I just got excited about this.

One thing I do not like about this is that all of your controls are accessed through their website which means you have to have a subscription....that kinda sucks. I would rather have full access to controls without the need of their website or even a Internet connection for that matter.
    Last edited by Jcal; 02-14-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcal View Post
    I just read the website and it seems a lot better that I thought at first. Seems like you can get some decent automation for far less than $100. Aniyone join the kick starter? I just got excited about this.

One thing I do not like is this is that all of your controls are accessed through their website which means you have to have a subscription....that kinda sucks. I would rather have full access to controls without the need of their website or even a Internet connection for that matter.
    Isn't the subscription free though, at least? I personally take no issue with it if the subscription is free; but I can understand your view.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richjam1986 View Post
    Isn't the subscription free though, at least? I personally take no issue with it if the subscription is free; but I can understand your view.
    I've read through the kick starter packages and the equipment is the same in most of the packages. It's confusing on what drives the price up. I guess an email to the site will clear that up for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats so cool i wish my grow chamber was like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    niiiice but unless i am growing some very profitable crops I don't think i would ever go that far. That being said it is nice to see someone that is....things like this usually inspire other things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12