What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humidifiers and ac units for growchambers

Recently i got a 4x4 grow chamber and it is way too hot and dry. I was looking for a humidifier for a small room and i thought of this first off would this work and second what ac should i use i want something that works and is pretty in expensive around $100 or so any ideas i need 65 - 70 degree days and 50-55 degree nights.
thanks in advance
-N.bical

You arent going to find a powerful enough AC to cool down to 50 at night for less then 100 dollars, perhaps on craigslist if you are lucky but I doubt it.

From what I have seen the price varies from 250-600

I use two ultrasonic humidifiers, I dont think one will be enough.

vicks and hunter.

When looking at humidifiers get the biggest tank possible you can find. 1 gallon doesn't last long and you will be filling it everyday or more. I found it easier to make my own with a pond fogger, large plastic tub and a fan. I stole the idea from the TF member Kyle.

heli do you have them on a humidistat and how large are their tanks?

They are on 24/7, I dont know the tank size.

every day or so.

One cheap and easy way to bring up the humidity a little bit is to get a tray, fill it with water and smallish stones. This helps water to evaporate into the air.

I have a large tray (the table that holds the water) and some airstones, even with it my humidity is at 60 without other humidifiers. Humidifying a large area is not an easy task.

It's not goin to change the humidity too much but it will help

Back