User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My tropical terrarium and windowsill plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tropical terrarium and windowsill plants.

Here are a few pictures of my terrarium. It currently houses the following: N. alata, ampullaria 'Harlequin', 'Black Knight', sanguinea, singalana, ventricosa, ventricosa x N. spathulata, D. binata "multifida extrema", and D. tokaiensis.

Some kind of strange moss growing in my N. 'Black Knight' container. It looks like a more stringy and slimy version of live sphagnum moss:

Here is my fishbowl Drosera terrarium. It currently has D. nidiformis, D. spatulata, D. venusta, and D. x 'transvaal':

My Ceph's have grown quite a bit since I've started feeding freeze dried bloodworms every couple weeks. They also enjoy the coffee treatment:

P. moranensis, P. pirouette, and P. jaumavensis growing in a turtle ashtray:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice,so the ceph likes the coffee,was gonna give it a go myself ,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only done some very light experimentation with the Ceph coffee treatments. 2 Tablespoons of cold coffee once a month in the last 4 months. My plant is a 'typical' but it now produces pitchers that are slightly bigger than my thumb. Mind you this could simply be a result of the plant naturally maturing. I haven't had much experience with growing the other Ceph cultivars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good ah, Cephalotus great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow nice I love the way you have your nepenthes and the others. Kinda looks like japanese setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice little Ceph carpet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    roman tyrant i think cephs can take a bit of fert,i have a ceph leaf pulling that tripled in size in only a few months after ferting once a month with half strength orchid fert ,it was very slow before,it was to the roots too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while since I've added a picture of my terrarium. Here it is now after a few months of regular monthly coffee treatments and very minimal feeding using freeze dried bloodworms. I've changed things up a bit. Most of my Nepenthes are lowlanders or hybrids. I still haven't added grow lights but they seem to be doing great in the summer sun. Inside temps go up in the lower 80s and 90s in the late afternoon and early evening.

My terrarium is already starting to get quite crowded. Flower stems and tendrils are creeping out of the ventilation openings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast