What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Circulation in grow area

I've got a 4 foot long aquarium I'm setting up to grow plants and in the past have really struggled with finding a good air circulation solution. What are people using to slowly circulate air in their grow areas?

-Xantius-

I use a 80mm computer fan hooked up to an old Nokia charger :-D
makes it run real nice and easy

Buy a 12v wall adapter at the thrift store for almost nothing (get the highest amperage possible). Wire that up to an old computer fan or two. Voila.

Buy a 12v wall adapter at the thrift store for almost nothing (get the highest amperage possible). Wire that up to an old computer fan or two. Voila.

Nice. I was just going to ask how that's done. I think that's what I'll shoot for, though I will probably buy some nice variable speed fans. Anyone have pictures of their nice computer fan setups?

If you want to make a more powerful setup, go on eBay and buy a power adapter for a Wii. They're usually around $10, and they put out about 3 amps (3 times more than the best you're likely to find at a thrift store). I used one of those to put together an array of six fans, though I only have three plugged in these days.

Back