Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for misters.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for misters.......

Hey all you DIYers. I want to set up a lazy mans mister! In other words I do not have enough Neps to warrant buying some elaborate misting system, and all of these "Patio" misting systems are way too expensive for what they really are. (in my opinion)

I have only really been growing Neps for a year now. I had been keeping the humidity high enough, I thought, good growth, great foliage, but no pitchers. "Huh, maybe they are not STAYING moist/humid enough." So I started misting every time I walked by. Imagine that, now just about all of them have pitchers. I have been misting with a little 2 liter hand sprayer throughout the day. I work from home so not a big issue. I have come to the conclusion though that a simple set-up using a 2-3 gal sprayer hooked to tubing and nozzles would help me from having to stand there and do it by hand. I figure, pump up the sprayer until physically cannot pump anymore, then open a valve and let it run until exhausted of pressure. I pretty much work round the clock or at least am awake doing something at all hours and have no problem "taking a break" to go fill and pump up the sprayer and let it run. My question is, who has the best price on nozzles? I have pent a good amount of the day online trying so find a supplier/vendor, IN THE US, that has affordable nozzles. I also am a bit conderned about the pressure needed to PROPERLY get the appropriate misting from the nozzles. If anyone has any suggestions about where do get some nozzles I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    "Only when you live to learn, will you learn to live"
    GROWLIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone have ANY suggestions?
    GROWLIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, most Greenhouse supply companies have misting nozzles and such, not sure about prices though. Only time I've seen someone use a small scale misting system for neps was a grower who was using a Mistking system, but I'm sure those aren't cheap.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they are not cheap. I am starting to think that I really only have the choice of buying them through a greenhouse supply. We do what we need to I guess. Thanks Exo
    GROWLIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's just nepenthes, you can simply hook up a cheap booster pump to a nozzle from mistking and feed it with distilled water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide to go mistking, I work at a pet shop and was going to do a group order to get a discount. I'm doing the research right now to see if it really will be practical and not just a big hassle. But if you do possibly want a discounted mistking let me know. As I said, I'm not sure it will happen but I'm working on the logistics..
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by East_to_west View Post
    If you decide to go mistking, I work at a pet shop and was going to do a group order to get a discount. I'm doing the research right now to see if it really will be practical and not just a big hassle. But if you do possibly want a discounted mistking let me know. As I said, I'm not sure it will happen but I'm working on the logistics..
    Keep me posted on that. I have stayed away from them for my reptiles for years because of the cost. I will probably just get an EZ Mist patio system and a small submersable pump.
    GROWLIST