Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reboot: Starting anew with some of my old plants

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. Yup B! You gotta get some more lepanthes. Get that cheque book ready.

haha BigB! You are right.. I do waste money on a lot of un-necessary things. But hey...might as well get the small setup as lavish and beautiful as I can make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its threads like these that help me get back into this hobby when I feel like I can never grow the plants I use to, as well as I use to. I really appreciate you posting your story, it is an absolute inspiration! I do have a question, if you don't mind. That really nifty mister-and-fan set up, have you noticed that it helps keep things cooler, too? Would you mind showing a little more of that apparatus, if you have time?

Thanks in advance,
    CJ

Last edited by vraev; 02-03-2014 at 02:09 AM.
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking New toy

Hi guys,

Time for a update. Got some new accessories for my camera. As I posted in a previous thread in general discussion or seen in the set here, I replaced the LCD on my camera after airport baggage handlers mishandled my luggage.

Now..added a screen protector which was OMG just quality... quality not found even in official accessories. Top notch japanese glass 0.5 mm thick 7 layers of protective films. Took 3wk to arrive from China..but damn...worth it. Best 10-15$ I ever spent.

Highly recommended for anyone who wants to protect their DLSR LCD. Check out GGS screen protectors. The NA version which is a bit marked up is called LAMAR I think which can be bought in NA stores.

cheers,

V
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reboot: Starting anew with some of my old plants-12282908474_3ff2fb92db-jpg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb The new toy

Here is my latest toy that I bought myself as a gift. A used macro lens on kijiji.

The Nikon 105mm micro nikkor F2.8/D. Old but gold. Non VR...similar to my 60mm macro. But damn...its as good as expected but of course, the additional focal length. Effectively a 150mm micro nikkor on my DX Nikon D90.

Creamy creamy bokeh & blur. Now for some updates with this lens.

Some with old 60mm micro nikkor

handheld

60mm micro nikkor tripod + shutter open for 1 sec atleast

Thats for now. Need to find time to set up the tripod and take some new pics.

cheers

V

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnstuckinTime View Post
    Its threads like these that help me get back into this hobby when I feel like I can never grow the plants I use to, as well as I use to. I really appreciate you posting your story, it is an absolute inspiration! I do have a question, if you don't mind. That really nifty mister-and-fan set up, have you noticed that it helps keep things cooler, too? Would you mind showing a little more of that apparatus, if you have time?

Thanks in advance,
    CJ

Hi CJ,

Just noticed your question. Certainly...will take a better pic next time. But its just a simple PC fan with some L pieces mounted to a silicone suction to stick it inside. The fan itself is wired to just a simple speed regulator. I wanted to regulator to be able to control airflow. For a small tank like this, there is such a thing as too much airflow...so using the regulator, I always mess around with the fan to prevent drying up every day and killing my live sphagnum. I already have a tough time keeping the sphagnum on the wall alive.

Regd temps..it doesn't really play a role. The fan is also hooked up to a timer. It comes on like 8 times a day after a misting event for 5-10min to dry out the leaves. The temps are in control just due to the fact that I have this in the basement.

hope that helps. Will show more pic of this later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!
    thanks for the comments man.

V
    Last edited by vraev; 02-03-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great plants, you have some great stuff going already!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Luca.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast