Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow! Thats the coolest terrarium Ive ever seen
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few months gone by, any update on how your plants have liked it so far? Such potential!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamata-Honzo View Post
    this is the most epic build I have ever seen. May I ask how you cool the terrariums?
    Thank you. Haha! I am glad you think so. I have seen a lot nicer terraria..but I am happy with what I have achieved in the small space. I honestly don't cool them in any way. They are just in a basement, so temps are pretty much 60-70s all the time. It never goes any higher. The LEDs only add a very minute amount of heat, so day time temps don't go too high either. I do notice plants stop growing well in summer, so that may have to do with the fact that indoor temps are in the 23-25C range. But it rarely does anything apart stall some of the harder species from pitchering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    Holy cow! Thats the coolest terrarium Ive ever seen
    thank you very much. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    A few months gone by, any update on how your plants have liked it so far? Such potential!
    Thanks Dex. Things are chugging along. A bunch of flytraps in the second tank have died when I was away on a trip. A few of them I rescued from the root, but apart from that...plants are growing along. The lepanthes are declining again. A second order of $200 plants that dies in an year. There is just a wide range of plants in that selection and I can't get the conditions right for them. Been having issues with tiny bush snails which are damaging the lepanthes. But all in all, I found that ever since I stopped moving the pots for major cleanups, the plants are growing a lot better. They just prefer to be left alone. So now I just take out water from a hole in the egg crate at the front...that's it. Will take some updated pics this weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been a long while, but here is an update.

thats for tank 1.

cheers

V

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So for tank 2, the ecotech fixture has tremendous spotlight effect and nothing was able to grow properly outside the beam of light. But under the beam, even VFTs were blood red. So clearly the light has the required wavelength coverage. But to fill in the outside areas, I need to get supplementary fixtures. So took the opportunity to finish the tank off.

And here is an experiment... could blow up and cost quite a bit if it fails...but if it works...would look awesome.

cheers

V

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, stupendous. Absolutely fantastic terrariums.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dex. Much appreciated. I am glad that the tank has matured. The neps have definitely settled in. But need to focus on getting the orchids to settle in as well. Need to buy a new replacement humidifier and increase circulation in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait...my first U. quelchii flowers.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast