Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maiden So I will put heli higher and neps lower. and a acrylic top

Like this pic http://imageshack.us/a/img547/8146/p1010086s.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i grow my helis and neps together and the helis are lower than many of the neps. they just dont show their best color this way but it can certainly be done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but can a tank with this list be realistic ? http://imageshack.us/a/img547/8146/p1010086s.jpg

H tatei var nebalie x hispida
    H tatei
    H nutans
    H sarracenioides
    H pulchella akopan
    N hamata from single clone
    3 diff N ampullarlias,
    H hederdoxa x minor,
    H burgundy black,
    2 H tequila ,
    1 H tequila "red",
    N robcantleyi,
    N black night,
    N eddie x burb,
    N rajah from BE.
    N Edwardsiana SG

all opinions appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not impossible, but some of your plants will not thrive. For example, if you provide the right lighting for your ampularia(s), your heli will be green. As i and mylesg said, you can raise up your heli near the top, and put the neps lower in the terra.

Another thing, some of your neps are lowlanders, and you want to put them with many species of heliamphora. Both genus need very differents temperatures. And your helis need a good temps drop at night, this will put your lowlanders into troubles.

By the way, you have a very cool heliamphora collection! Im looking for buying a minor burgundy-black since 1 year! LoL i think under my lighting setup, the purple color can be amazing.
    I want to try someday

This is a h.minor under my lighting setup

Last edited by Maiden; 05-29-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How far can light be from neps or helis and seedlings 18 inches 24 inches 10 inches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, you should grow your heliamphora as close as you can of the T5, a inch or 2, but the temps have to be 26C or less the day, and 12C to 17C at night. With good ventilation/misting.

And put your neps on the bottom of the terra. Your lowlanders need 26-30C+ the day, and 20-22C at night.
    With no misting.

All this into RH85%.

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heli's appreciate more light than neps but they can definitely be grown together and thrive. 24 inches sounds like too much distance from the lights for even the neps though. in my tanks the neps are no more than 12 inches from the lights and in many cases they are within 2". the problem with close proximity to the lights is heat and low humidity so if you solve those problems with fans and humidifiers then helis will like being within a few inches of the lights. the setup in the picture you linked would work, just would have to fine tune it for the plants you have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pebes View Post
    heli's appreciate more light than neps but they can definitely be grown together and thrive. 24 inches sounds like too much distance from the lights for even the neps though. in my tanks the neps are no more than 12 inches from the lights and in many cases they are within 2". the problem with close proximity to the lights is heat and low humidity so if you solve those problems with fans and humidifiers then helis will like being within a few inches of the lights. the setup in the picture you linked would work, just would have to fine tune it for the plants you have.
    I dont think we can grow a lowlander nepenthes with heliamphora and making the both plants thrive. What about the temps drop? Heliamphora require very hight amount of light, not nepenthes, you will end with green heliamphora, or burned leaves nepenthes. You call that thriving? I have the same terra, and my neps are at the bottom, with reddish leaves, with only one 24inches T5 tube (he got 2)you think my nep have a lack of light?

But maybe im wrong !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast