What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humidity controller

Hi,

Just a quick poll/questions about what humidity controller you use in your terrarium and experiences about it. I currently use Lucky Reptile Humidity Control II. I've had it for about 5 years now and never questioned whether it's accurate or not. Recently I started measuring the inside humidity of my terrarium with an accurate RH meter. I found out that the HC II displays too high a humidity of about 10-15 %RH! So when I've set it to 80-85 %RH the real humidity is 65-70 %RH which is too low.

In the terrarium (all nepenthes lowland) the humidity is set to be at 80-90 %RH at all times and I have an ultrasonic humidifier to keep it up. Maybe it's broken, but I don't want to buy a new one as it costs at least 60 eur (or 80 eur in a local shop). Of course a solution is to set the controller to 90-95 %RH so the real one is within acceptable range... But then the display is incorrect. Any experiences about this or any other controller that suits high-humidity environments?

regards,

Petteri

I have been using Zoomed's Hygrotherm for 2years now and it works great. Controls humidity and heating/cooling and has a built in night drop feature. It is a little confusing at first to set but once you figure it out its simple.

^ I use the same and it works like a charm. I like it a lot because once you set it, it remembers your settings. In the event of a power outage you're covered! The thing I really don't like is there's no programmable humidity increase/decrease at night. Other than that it's great :D

Hmm, the hygrotherm is even more expensive. Currently it's on "sale" in the local shop at 95 eur ($125!), normally about 120 eur ($157). I see from ebay it's much cheaper... And it has the temp controller too which I may need in the future. Does it really display only 95 %RH maximum? The HC II is good because it controls all the way up to 99 %RH (display up to 100 %RH). And it has separate day/night settings + a timer.

I've ordered a new sensor module (HTF3226LF) from ebay for the HC 2. I'll update this thread when I get the new sensor and whether is resolves the issue.

Back