What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenhouse Monitoring & Control with a Microcontroller called Arduino: My experiences

Pretty cool. Can u interface it to a controller that can remotely upload the data to a website to enable monitoring anywhere? I am on the look out for micro-controllers using which I can monitor temp, humidity and also remotely turn on/off misters/fans as necessary.

Vraev
With a Arduino and some accessories you can do all that you have mentioned. I know alot of people set up servers so that they can control their arduino systems with a app on their cell phones.

I am getting ready to build a greenhouse and I am so excited to make a automation setup with the Arduino.

Denny, I am not a member on that forum, so I cannot comment there.

I like your little setup. For cooling I would recommend a fan as someone else on that forum did. IF you are worried about it letting in cold air when the fan is not running, you can rig up a crude louver system. Just take a piece of 3 or 5 mil plastic and hang it on the outside of your greenhouse in front of the fan. You can add a little bit of weight to it, to keep it from letting in air when the fan is not running.

A simple little setup like that will keep you from having to attend to your greenhouse all day. Plus adding some control stuff just makes that little controller that much more fun!

Back