Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie's Tropical Greenhouse

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, very impressive. Love the Hoyas and the LFS towers for climbing plants. Anticipating pics of the CP greenhouse when you get that going.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an incredible setup you have there! I use the same RO trash can misting setup as well to keep the humidity high for my Neps . I would be very curious to see if some Ephite Nepenthes species could root and grow in the sphagnum towers you have there.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot begin to describe how awesome your greenhouse and plants are.

...Good job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone No sundews, but my friend did just give me a P. gigantea that I need to pot up and stick out there. I love my RO trash can, I'm not sure why I was so afraid of installing a float valve before, that thing is great! The other greenhouse is built and the ac is installed, just need to get a bigger piece of shade cloth and hook up the water to the swamp cooler. Won't be getting my Neps and Heliamphoras until Sept, so I have a bit of time.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was red?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some red Begonias, a red Aeschynanthus flower, and a red Dischidia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great setup! What brand Swamp cooler do you have and most of all...do you like it? Secondly, any thoughts on heaters as well. I'm near SF so it gets quite cool here and I need to keep it above 55-ish. Thanks, Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The swamp cooler is a Champion 3300 CFM, currently only had to run it on low (got it much bigger than we needed just in case it ever got really hot, we do have odd random heat waves). Running on low it stays 78-80 degrees, the only issue I had with it was I ordered mine from Home Depot and while the small one was manual, the larger sizes are electronic, which means it wouldn't work with the thermostat (every time it turned the power to it back on, it didn't actually turn the fan on). It ended up costing $140 for a new face plate and controls, but I love it a lot now. The smaller one in the second greenhouse was already a manual, so no issues there. The heater is an 800 watt electric 220v, not sure on the brand, it came with the greenhouse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast