What would you consider to be absolutely necessary for a dream greenhouse?
I don't have the finances to build such a structure, but I am looking for advice/things to know before beginning my first greenhouse before too long. In other words, what features have you found to be most essential and often used in your greenhouse?
Some things that I have already considered for my structure:
- the only flat space I have for the greenhouse is already gravel paved and measures about eight feet by twenty. It is a western exposure directly adjacent to my house, so I know that is not ideal.
- my main intention is to overwinter temperate plants (Sarrs and VFTs) and get a head start on my veggie gardening this spring.
- I plan to build with a pressure treated wood and greenhouse sheeting. I will need to accommodate a minimal snow load.
- I will not actively head this greenhouse, but may look into head sinks of some sort.
- I want to ventilate but don't know what works best.
"Discuss amongst yourselves..."