Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this thread! looking good!
    Your momma!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My weather stripping showed up today. Not the best day to be putting up greenhouse panels. The wind was gusting 15-20ish mph. But being that I am a pretty impatient person, I pushed ahead.

I tried to work panel by panel so nothing was left loose at all.
    First was applying the weather stripping all the way around the frame of each panel.

After that shove the panels in, and apply the supplied clips. The instructions for these clips are total crap, so it took me a few minutes of messing with them to figure out how they are supposed to sit. After figuring them out, they are actually pretty handy. They clip in fast and actually get a pretty good bite on the panels. Most guides I have read recommend ordering a extra set of clips so you can double up on most panels. I didn't do this, but I now plan on getting some more headed my way. (also be careful installing these. If you get one half in and slip while pressing the other half in, they can shoot off into oblivion, or into your eyeball.)

With just the clips installed the panels still have the potential to blow out, especially in the winds we get here at the coast. So I ordered a bunch of stainless screws and stainless neoprene bonded washers to add to each panel. I screwed these through the panel and into the diagonal braces. I used 1 washer outside, and another inside as a spacer to keep the panels from flexing inwards to terribly much. In my opinion this is a absolutely needed addition to this greenhouse if you are building it anywhere that gets winds in excess of 15mph. Not only does it keep the panels in, it adds even more points that the whole greenhouse is tied together, adding rigidity to the whole structure.

Tomorrow I will be able to get the rest of the panels up and have a working greenhouse.

I moved my neps from the window sill in my old house straight out the the bench in the unfinished greenhouse. My N.x "Lady pauline" is FEASTING on the ants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moving right along..
    You should take a vacation and come put one of these together for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice greenhouse!
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Looks great! Certainly makes me drool seeing what you have done with it.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got busy and never updated this. I got the rest of the panels on, and put my meager collection inside.

Next up, when I can get a little more cash. Installing a RO unit, with a 100 gallons or so of water storage. A pump and misting system. And before winter comes, I plan on running a 50amp feeder out so I can run a heater and such. And getting more plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your pea gravel is deep enough, you may want to see about installing a dripper hose underneath hooked up to a timer, it's a great way to keep the humidity up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gravel is 3 1/2 to 5 inches thick. (deeper in the back corner) I have been spraying it down when the temps start to go up. It seems to help keep the temp down a little and the RH up. I had a lot of plans for temp/RH control. But being on unemployment for a few weeks due to work being slow has put a dent in my "play" fund.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast