Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oregoncp's 10x12 Harbor freight greenhouse adventures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hose and a timer should only run about $35, it basically sprays the gravel down for you, but only put it under where you won't be walking on it. What are the temps hitting now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will look into finding the stuff to get some water dripping under the gravel. I have a couple old holey hoses, maybe I will just add a few more intentionally placed holes and get a timer setup. I actually have the moeny to set up my ro/mister system, I am just being "responsible" and holding onto it, till I get past this slow work period. Knowing me, I will just get impatient and order it next week though :P

Its been unusually warm here recently. With the vents open and a fan going inside, I can keep the high around 95. Thats about 10 degrees higher than I would like for the max temp. I am pretty sure with a RO mister I shouldn't have any issues keeping where I want. Another thing on my need list is some shade cloth. That should help me quite a bit also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good man.. I'm jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A drip hose is around $5-10 for a 50' one from home depot, careful with the hole poking because then you end up with a sprinkler hose which sprays everything in sight and not just the gravel (I made that mistake when they were out of dripper hoses at the store). On the shade cloth, I just had a custom made one done from farmtek for the same greenhouse, came to $130, was actually cheaper than buying their ready made sizes for some reason, I had mine made to cover the full sides though so you might not need something that large.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really love the house you did a great job getting it setup with a nice solid foundation.

i hope the weather chills out a bit, thats rough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little update on the greenhouse.

Today we trenched and ran 1" conduit over to the GH. About 120 feet total. Got all the conduit in the ground and into the main house panel, and pulled in #6 aluminum conductors. Plan on mounting a small sub panel in the greenhouse protected at 50amps. This should be more than enough to run any heater/fan/lights/water pump combos that I ever want.

Next on the list is the panel. Then the heater, and a misting system. Piece by piece its coming together. I haven't put much effort into filling it up yet, because I want to get my conditions good and stable before I put many plants inside.

On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations for places to get shade cloth? I have been looking at greenhousemegastore, but I wanna know if anyone has a favorite source besides that.
    Last edited by adnedarn; 10-13-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It double posted there for some reason, I removed the double part for you...

I just use the stuff from lowes on both of my greenhouses. For the big greenhouse I stable it to the wood. On the small (metal) greenhouse I wrap long boards in the cloth and drape it over the top and the boards hold it tight then it is removeable if you want it to be. Easily lasts 3-5 years in my conditions.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    It double posted there for some reason, I removed the double part for you...

I just use the stuff from lowes on both of my greenhouses. For the big greenhouse I stable it to the wood. On the small (metal) greenhouse I wrap long boards in the cloth and drape it over the top and the boards hold it tight then it is removeable if you want it to be. Easily lasts 3-5 years in my conditions.

None of the lowes/home depots around me carry shade cloth at all, or I would have just put it on the card :P I will look at their online stuff. I am not to worried about UV damage to the cloth here. More the wind that it would have to live through.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast