What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New greenhouse

We are moving, so I've been putting up a new prefab greenhouse...

2_zps55e68a37.jpg

1_zpse9c99d74.jpg

It's been slow going, as I have a lot of other tasks. When there's progress, I'll post more photos.
Thanks for looking and good growing,
KPG

its already showing its beauty :) cant wait to see future installments!

cheers

Looks like an awesome greenhouse! Keep us updated :)

Nice, can't wait to see how it looks!
Andrew

I agree with everyone else. Great greenhouse and i'm anxious to see it finished.

Looks great already!

Thank you for the kind comments! Have added the ridge beam assembly (tricky job - for me, at least) and one set of window frames. I hope to make significant progress this weekend.

Today's view:

1_zpsa6b3a3d3.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Wow!!! It looks great, I can't wait to see it filled with plants!! B)

SWEET! I'm SO JEALOUS!

Finished the rafters today -- next up is roof vents and maybe coat of wood preservative before the glazing.

1_zps41c5ce58.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

man you must be getting pumped :D dare i say the worst is behind you in the construction?

First time on this thread,that greenhouse looks awesome.Iam with everyone eles cant wait to see it with plants in it.

Well, here's an update. I confess progress has been pretty slow -- family care issues, plus lots of work getting the new house ready for our move.
Latest pics:

4_zpse9bc841e.jpg

3_zps95c2a3f3.jpg

2_zps918a2da9.jpg

1_zpsb502ce04.jpg

Next is water and power. Hopefully, next update will be when I start moving plants to their new home.
Cheers and good growing,
KPG

SOOOOOOO jealous! Congrats!

drool! looks fantastic

Wow! Congrats! Wooden greenhouses look really good! Is it redwood?

Where did you get your Polycarbonite panels from?
I haven't found any place that will sell them for under $35.00 - $50.00 for a 2X4 sheet!

very nice greenhouse! one of the best ive seen on here.

Thanks for the kind comments. I splurged and bought a greenhouse kit. It is western red cedar and the
polycarbonate twin-wall was glazing was included. (The current "home" for my plants is a homemade redwood
fiberglass greenhouse I built almost 30 years ago. Functional, but not as nearly as nice as this one.)

Cheers,
Paul

Beautifully done, Paul. Gorgeous.

Back