Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My greenhouses at work

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't pick a favorite, all look fantastic. I do keep going back and looking at the S. minor though, haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's December, so there isn't much happening. Most of the plants are semi-dormant.

EXCEPT THE ANT PLANTS!!

One of the more interesting caudexes.

Myrmecodia tuberosa makes delicious orange snotberries. The insides taste like honey but have a goopy, mucus-y texture. I would hate to be any bird or other creature whose diet mainly consists of snotberries.

My best hand-raised plant, 3 years old. It's flowering and setting fruit far before its siblings.

Wrong lighting, but there's a whole row of them.

Different baby.

Dischidia collyris, an ant plant in the Milkweed family. An epiphyte, and native to India. The leaves hug against trees and branches. The purplish undersides produce absorption glands. Aerial roots also pop out in the nice, humid chambers created between the leaf and tree. It's also where the ants live.

'Bout to flower.

Dischidia major. In this species, the leaves are actually hollow. Full of glands and roots on the inside. This is a 6-month-old cutting, so I hope to grow this plant out to a massive specimen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sensitive Plant. A classic that never gets old.

SMACK!!!!

A Christmas Cactus I've had for more than ten years. One of the first plants I ever owned.

Seemannia sylvatica. My favorite gesneriad.

Black-Eyed Susan Vine

I am generally not a fan of big, frilly, girlie orchids. But this Cattleya is AMAZING. If you know the ID or possible species used to produce this plant, please let me know. It's currently a NOID. It smells FANTASTIC!

One spike last year, three this year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Myrmecodia are looking terrific !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And lastly, the CPs:

A duel between D. burmannii (the intention of the flat) and capensis

N. x miranda

capensis Botrivier, ZA (a national park in ZA), from ICPS seed, if you bought any it came from these guys. They seem smaller and paler than other typicals. Exceptionally heat tolerant, too, because I had them outside this summer, and my other clones of capensis died from the heat.

Line of all the different capensis

D. allantostigma... producing an absolutely excessive amount of gemmae. It already made twice this much.

This D. regia is one of the plants I prize the most. Raised from dormant root cuttings that John B. sent me last December.

My goal in approaching it in cultivation was to have good leaf retention and ensure that all leaves remained green. I didn't want any yellow or black, and I'm happy to say the plant seems ridiculously happy. Not bad for one year of growth, right?

natalensis

Ceph seedling, 1 1/2 yrs

U longifolia. Had it about a month, treated it for various deficiencies, and now the new leaves are perfect and green. Every prior leaf was brown at the tips.

U. reniformis. Same deal, 1 month in my care. Old leaves were in bad shape, new leaves are 3x the size and beautifully clean.

Example of the old leaves

Full plant. I am so ridiculously excited to get this to flower.

pot of green albomarginata babies, from the Atlanta Botanical Garden

I was told this was a "Lantern Alata." True? Regardless, I like it a lot. Whole plant purple and dark.

'Red Leopard' (thanks, Judy!!)

P. ehlersiae

I gave the bical a giant new pot full of fresh media today. I aim to make this plant the biggest and most spectacular specimen on the east coast. The plant is ~5 years old and was half-frozen to a single bud during shipment from the Czech Republic. I nursed this thing for months until I got an offshoot. Then I spoiled it rotten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful plants!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The so-called "Lantern Alata" is 'Rebecca Soper'. The people who sell them just seem to be too lazy to correct the name.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOID, if you have an idea please let me know

Coelogyne cristata

My favorite and most vigorous Phal

D. adelae (from Dragonseye--thanks buddy!)

newly acquired U. quelchii sporting a new, healthy green leaf! YESSSSSSS!

S. oreophila "Sand Mountain Clone 4" x leucophylla F1, Baldwin Co., AL, 2 months old

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast