What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice plants Kevin!

That ghost orchid is awesome! Also Stylidium is totally a carnivore.
Debile unfortunately doesn't get as sticky as the other species. I'm hoping to pick some of them up later on. I've only had Stylidium here for a year and kids really, really love to poke the flowers. The moving plants are always the biggest thrills to little kids.

That Dyeriana is AWESOME! And hooray for Myrmecodia too :)

a pleasure to view:bigthumpup:

:clap:

You're doing a great job holding down the fort!

Very nice nepenthes and other CPs too. Thank for sharing the pictures.

One of the ones I sent ya... stapeliiformis ssp serpentina. Got more if it didn't root.

One of the ones I sent ya... stapeliiformis ssp serpentina. Got more if it didn't root.

Lordy, thats awesome!
That was the most reluctant of the cuttings to root, and I'm not 100% certain that its rooted properly still - but it is alive and looks to be hanging on. *crosses fingers*

I like to think I exercise good taste in plants when I send stuff =).

If it survived this long you're probably alright!

Couple of Phals, bought for $1 each on clearance at a grocery store. Just 'cause they stopped blooming.

D. regia, from root cuttings 12/2014

H. minor from the massive planting in the Highland Elevation House at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. I only received a division because, during my meeting with the staff there, one person from the public faceplanted into their planting. Broke much of it to pieces. It was sad, but fortuitous.
The planting at ABG, taken the year before I visited to swap plants with them:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1422708794_4bdc01d968671b7b344ced07128a8067
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd...._=1422660874_347d1668a5735102a0e572664209438e

minor, Clay Co., GA

N. maxima has officially reached the ceiling!!

Last edited:

World of Sundews!!

Got more, but will post em later. I'll end with the x dyeriana:

Love that Dyeriana! And the maxima is earning its name I see ;-)

Is that a sick, massive begonia in the middle left?
Yes. We have quite a begonia collection. I've taken a lazy approach with them so I'd never have to repot. I concocted a long-lasting soil and planted them in large clay pots.

Then I grew them into monsters. I like the collection to look at natural as possible, so I try to cover up all the glass and aluminum and benches with foliage and hanging baskets wherever I can. The begonias are particularly excellent at creating a backdrop for other, smaller plants.

Plumbago

Was hanging from a rafter, camera in one hand, to take this overview shot. Entrance to the room is to the right, and research to the left. We have 8 greenhouses in total... 90% research, 10% cool plants for teaching.

Black-eyed Susan Vine

Tillandsia duratii

Crappy shot, but another T. duratii about to flower.

Cape Primrose, Gesneriaceae

Tubby wubby wittle ant plants

Aeschynanthus speciosus, perhaps my favorite gesneriad

Clerodendrum ugandense, Blue Butterfly Flower

This is the ancestral form of rubra from Taylor Co., GA. Very cool plant from a very cool friend.

Crappy shot of my Stylidium debile carpet

psittacina from Baldwin Co., AL, among the big stretching leucophylla fields

filiformis, Florida Red

The land where babies grow

"Tubby wubby" is in fact the correct Latin terminology describing stout, trunk-like appendages.

Does the cape primrose go by any other names? I have a similar (or maybe identical) looking plant known as "Flying Violet" or Streptocarpella.

Back