Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Tired of Water...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah the waste line can be plugged or a different connect used so that less waste water is produced. less waste water makes for shorter membrane life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.growonix.com/gx-series/GX150

Heres the unit I have. I've had it since feb 2012 and its still running on the same filters and making water with a ppm of 1. A 2:1 water to waste ratio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water is for childs, when you grow up, you need to drink beer :-)

Seriously, i have the same problem, but with less water. My plant drink 20liters each month, and i will probably buy a unit like you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crazy not to buy a unit if you gunna be around CPs longterm. pays for itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought this puppy about 3 years ago and havent had a problem since. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oceanic-Port...item1e7ddc8566

i hooked it up to a hose tap and run the reject water to the lawn or plants in the ground. they need water and they're not picky so it isnt wasted. i recently got a 55 gallon drum that i fill up once a week at most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are only having to fill it once a week it isnt so bad but they sell float valves that can be installed in the drums. thats what i use so the barrel is always full for me and i have a spigot installed in the bottom of the barrel.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you restrict the waste water more than the flow restricter does... Not only are you stressing the membrane (clogging it), but you also instantly increase your "clean" ppm instantly. I have an adjustable flow restrictor sitting around that I've played with... If you put too much to waste it doesn't help your output... but the more backpressure you put (more restrictor) the faster you produce water, and the less you waste, but the PPM goes right up. As long as you find a balance, you're good. I prefer to keep mine running as manufactured for, and I have the waste water go into a huge tank (600 gallons I think) and when it gets close to the top, I turn on the pump and water all the plants around the front yard.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12