Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Found these a Lowe's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found these a Lowe's

I found a bunch of these on the clearance rack at Lowe's. I was thinking these would make nice little terrariums or germination chambers. Any other ideas? I got 7 of them.
    Found these a Lowe's-20131113_162726-jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    send me a few , thats an idea. LOL
    nope they look great for germinating seeds and growing for a while , great for sars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for sure some nice little nurseries! Should be real easy so sanitize between uses if necessary. Good find.
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And for $2.50 a piece, I couldn't resist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't drop the top from above 1 foot high. I got a bunch (12) last month and dropped one while putting them into the cart. It landed on the corner in the cart and broke the corner out and cracked in 2 places on the other sides. Other than that caution I love them They make nice humidity domes and the vent holes on the ends & the sliding vent in the top allows venting when necessary. Of course it would have been nice to have gotten them at your price & color - mine cost $3.50 each and on half of those the bottoms are PINK.

One other thought. Don't use the Peat pellets - they contain fertilizer. At least the ones that come with the white bottoms and pink bottomed ones. Don't know what the green bottomed one were for. Tomatoes?
    Last edited by afrodisa; 11-13-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    What do you do when you see an endangered animal that eats only endangered plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a couple of mine were pink too, no white ones though... I definitely like the green ones better. The green ones came with cucumber and tomato seeds. I wasn't really planning on using the peat pellets for that very reason, and I have bales and bales of it already. However, I'm planning on germinating some non-CP's as well, so they'll probably work fine for that. I'll have to see if there are anymore at a different Lowe's when I go home for thanksgiving...

Quote Originally Posted by afrodisa View Post
    Just don't drop the top from above 1 foot high. I got a bunch (12) last month and dropped one while putting them into the cart. It landed on the corner in the cart and broke the corner out and cracked in 2 places on the other sides. Other than that caution I love them They make nice humidity domes and the vent holes on the ends & the sliding vent in the top allows venting when necessary. Of course it would have been nice to have gotten them at your price & color - mine cost $3.50 each and on half of those the bottoms are PINK.

One other thought. Don't use the Peat pellets - they contain fertilizer. At least the ones that come with the white bottoms and pink bottomed ones. Don't know what the green bottomed one were for. Tomatoes?