Getting Botrytis in my new hobby greenhouse--need air circulation tips
Hi everyone! I just built one of the infamous harbor freight 6'x8' greenhouses. It's been great to have so far and I'm slowly stocking it full of cacti, succulents, Pings, and Drosera. It is heated to 40F and goes anywhere from 50-70F during the day. I check it twice a day and noticed that yesterday I went from having healthy pygmy Drosera to huge fungal infections of all kinds. The one I'm most worried about is Botrytis. I have fought it at work in the best of conditions--huge exhaust fans, clean concrete floors, meticulous temperature controls, cutting every plant in the greenhouse down to the ground to increase air circulation, and every chemical spray labeled to kill Botrytis. And I can say that all of that just isn't enough. It still comes back from ambient spores drifting into the greenhouses.
However, at home I'm mostly without all of those things and limited to opening the door and ridge vents. I bought a box fan and immediately began running it. However, I can only sit it on the floor because the framing isn't sturdy enough to suspend it at a higher level (which would be optimal). Does this seem like enough air movement to prevent my nice new greenhouse from becoming a fuzzy white wonderland? Pygmy Droseras seem to be the most susceptible to Botrytis--hope everyone can at least learn from my misfortunes.
I am looking for tips on how the greenhouse owners out there cut down on pathogen outbreaks. And also what low-budget chemicals may be effective. Currently, the weather in Georgia is completely uncooperative and it is cloudy every day, raining, and stagnant. The humidity has been insane and I forsee it being this way for at least another week. Given that I went from healthy sundews yesterday morning to white, fuzzy ones (and even one dead one) the next day, this could potentially mean the loss of most of my Drosera collection.
Right now all I can really plan to do tonight is cut off anything brown, pull off any captured prey, and dab the crap out of them with rubbing alcohol....