Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Building CP terrarium

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kataok View Post
    Update:

D. capensis HATES IT! But when I take them out and put them back on the windowsill they do fine.. So maybe my tank is too hot for them??
    !
    That's weird. I thought Drosera capensis was tolerant of a wide range of growing conditions. Sounds like yours is quite picky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is very picky! I have a lot of these capensis that only like my windowsill.
    I've tried my alba, red narrow, and wide leaf in the terrarium and they always lose dew and never seem to gain it back. Then once I put them back in my windowsill they THRIVE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. dielsiana STILL STRUGGLING!!!!!!
    D. burmannii still loving life!

Put a Cephalotus Follicularis in the tank to see if it likes it.. No progress yet.. But no decline either..

D. trinveria babies started from seed are coming up. They are still in a separate dome ( plastic baggie) inside of the terrarium...

Started some D. marston dragon, D. spatulata and D. cisitiflora babies in the tank as well but they are in a container to keep the medium wetter ( a 'soupy' mixture ) The babies were started in test tubes from leaf cuttings..

And... most of my Nepenthes seem to love the tank but I don't plan on keeping them in there once I start to plant my Droseras in there..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. natalensis (aka often mislabeled as dielsiana) likes conditions similar to capensis, they come from the same region. Possibly the reason why yours are struggling may be the same reason the capes don't like the tank.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    D. natalensis (aka often mislabeled as dielsiana) likes conditions similar to capensis, they come from the same region. Possibly the reason why yours are struggling may be the same reason the capes don't like the tank.
    Thanks!! I still have the main plant in a pot so I can take that out and test it on my windowsill.
    I only planted 2 small rosettes in the tank..

We will see what happens!!!

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see it progressing! That moctezumae looks a little weird to me; I've never seen one with leaves so flat. Are you sure it is moctezumae? The leaves are usually long and spindly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tag actually says P. moctezumae x gigantea but the permanent marker is wearing off. I might have to use one of the newer tags I've been making.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast