Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WIP Drosera/ping breeding pit/general propagation chamber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIP Drosera/ping breeding pit/general propagation chamber

I have set myself a line in the sand....only 1 10 gallon terrarium allowed inside....course no rules for the gh.

Anyway, I wanted it to be cheap and efficient. I did have some humidity issues at first but found a natural solution.....building a bed of living LFS and it works nicely.....pretty soon the LFS will cover the entire terrarium. Lighting is accomplished by a couple cfls but if I need to ramp it up I have a led spotlight too.

Far as what i choose to put in it....general seeds and genetic material. Far as permanent residents I plan for a 2-3 pings and a few non-temperate dews but not many......don't want it overcrowded in there so will probably have to cycle out the capes and the binata at some point.

here is a quick pic....will do another when there is more progress to report but environmentals are good believe it or not with no help other than lighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks promising, CPBobby!

What are the two tupperware dishes for? Also, if you have the space, I recommend at least 4 CFL bulbs. With my tanks I feel like I could still use 6 if I could find a way to fit them in there, but 4 has been working out pretty dang well. What is your LED spotlight like? Is that comparable to two more daylight 1450+ lumen CFLs? If so, then you would have the kind of light levels I have been successful for 10-gallon tanks with.

Keep bringing the pics, stoked to see how this grows!
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thx. one is a 23w 6400k and one is a 19w 3000k. the led light is 19w 5000k. the dews grow just fine with only the 2 lights the led is for whats in the dishes. one dish is the origin of all the lfs u see in the tank and it has a very small b52 in it. this dish may stick around indefinitely or at least until the lfs culture is complete. the other dish has a neoenthes cutting in it as an experiment and will leave once i find out if it will root that cutting or not.

but i plan on making one side of the terrarium brighter than the other as some plants do better with less intense light.

thanx for the interest and i do have high hopes for it once i get the foundation laid out better.