Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbe's Terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuballkain View Post
    My black light for at night isn't bright enough though I'll figure something out with that though.
    The plants probably shouldn't be getting any light at night. If they were actually growing in the wild, they wouldn't be getting any at all. I have my lights set to a timer so they go off at night and come back on in the morning, but you could obviously deal with that manually too. So I wouldn't worry too much about upping the lights at night.

You probably should at some point also take those last two sarracenias and the venus flytrap out of the terrarium and put them outside with the two you already moved, if and when you have the soil/pots to do so.

If you want to grow drosera outside, you could also go with rotundifolia, filiformis, or binata. They're easy to grow and will catch a lot (especially filiformis) outdoors.
    Last edited by Iwest; 04-16-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Prince Ruffus Magnium tuballkain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted the black to see in at night. Do you think that will harm or inhibit plants?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuballkain View Post
    I just wanted the black to see in at night. Do you think that will harm or inhibit plants?
    It's fine if you turn on the light to see the plants at night, as long as you aren't leaving it on the whole night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12