What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Savage Pond (the beginning)

tuballkain

Prince Ruffus Magnium
Have had a few plants on the pond from purchase of them. The pond is small but I recently made it a little wider and deeper. You can see tubeing and stuff still but want to get it new flow design and skimmer setup down before I hide everything.

Any tips, tricks, ect. welcome. :-O
Thnx for taking a look.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Was looking for a way to make floating pots with what I had around the house, found a nice way using a spigot warmer. I'll paint them black or somthing. Wish I could find a way to cover the rims with moss would be cool.:cool:

attachment.php

It would be nice if you could put aquatic Utricularia in the pond, but the koi would probably eat them. Nice pond!

Just posting a over dramtic short vid clip of pod that I sent out to my Fam:cool: not HD quality :blush:

Last edited:
Is your tapwater suitable for carnivores? Do you get adequate rainfall? The TDS of a pond tends to go up over time, especially if you use your tapwater to top off for evaporation.

Is your tapwater suitable for carnivores? Do you get adequate rainfall? The TDS of a pond tends to go up over time, especially if you use your tapwater to top off for evaporation.

My city's water reports 30-55 ppm when you add it up. I live in Washington so we get about 30-40 inch. of rain a year, I think it was actually closer to 50+ this year.

Sounds like you're in great shape waterwise, but if you can monitor the TDS it's always a good idea. Feeding the fish will cause it to rise as well.

A great investment is a TDS meter off eBay for around $16-20.

Great looking pond you have there.

It would be nice if you could put aquatic Utricularia in the pond, but the koi would probably eat them. Nice pond!

I wish I could find some to just try it, but can't find any :-(
The Koi don't bother the the water lily roots so it might work. They mostly eat the tadpoles that end up hatching in there and any mosquitos that try to lay larva.

A great investment is a TDS meter off eBay for around $16-20.

Great looking pond you have there.

Thanks I'll be looking to thats :-O

Back