User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 99

Thread: Zath's CP Collection

  1. #33
    PsychoSarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    667
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my drosera leaves get dirty, either with dirt or moldy food because I always feed them stuff too big because I like how dramatically they move in response I just gently ease it off and away with a toothpick or a q-tip.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

  2. #34
    Decumbent Fanatic Jcal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zone 7a
    Posts
    1,244
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hosing them off if you have a sprayer is the easiest way. clean and water at the same time!

  3. #35
    Enthusiastic Enthusiast Zath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    VA, USA
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    If my drosera leaves get dirty, either with dirt or moldy food because I always feed them stuff too big because I like how dramatically they move in response I just gently ease it off and away with a toothpick or a q-tip.
    XD

    I probably gave mine pieces a little too big as well. Hopefully they won't mold over. I'd hate to introduce something like that into my pristine terrarium. Due to past experiences with planted vivariums, I am absolutely terrified by mold / mildew. *shivers*

  4. #36
    PsychoSarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    667
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zath View Post
    XD

    I probably gave mine pieces a little too big as well. Hopefully they won't mold over. I'd hate to introduce something like that into my pristine terrarium. Due to past experiences with planted vivariums, I am absolutely terrified by mold / mildew. *shivers*
    Prepare to be horrified, bug bodies are covered in fungal spores, every time you put live bugs into the terrarium, you potentially invite unwanted guests.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

  5. #37
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are getting mold growing on your plants (and/or their meals) then you need to improve air movement. Terrariums are notorious for creating more problems than they solve.

  6. #38
    Enthusiastic Enthusiast Zath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    VA, USA
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Both of you :P

    I don't give live food to the terrarium plants unless something flies in there unexpected (like gnats). I'm sticking to dried / rehydrated foods for them atm.

    Air circ. has just been addressed with the fan installation, though I may discover that I need more influx from outside, rather than churning around the existing air, we'll see.

  7. #39
    PsychoSarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    667
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    If you are getting mold growing on your plants (and/or their meals) then you need to improve air movement. Terrariums are notorious for creating more problems than they solve.
    For me, the food doesn't really seem to get moldy that often. Only if I let it sit there for more than a week, by which time the plant has gotten plenty out of it anyway.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

  8. #40
    The sticky ones are my favorite. Tacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a problem with mold on D. burmannii, they absolutely demolish food. If they're getting bright enough light they should be super dewy and very aggressive in digestion.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •