Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Zath's CP Collection

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my drosera leaves get dirty, either with dirt or moldy food because I always feed them stuff too big because I like how dramatically they move in response I just gently ease it off and away with a toothpick or a q-tip.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hosing them off if you have a sprayer is the easiest way. clean and water at the same time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    If my drosera leaves get dirty, either with dirt or moldy food because I always feed them stuff too big because I like how dramatically they move in response I just gently ease it off and away with a toothpick or a q-tip.
    XD

I probably gave mine pieces a little too big as well. Hopefully they won't mold over. I'd hate to introduce something like that into my pristine terrarium. Due to past experiences with planted vivariums, I am absolutely terrified by mold / mildew. *shivers*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zath View Post
    XD

I probably gave mine pieces a little too big as well. Hopefully they won't mold over. I'd hate to introduce something like that into my pristine terrarium. Due to past experiences with planted vivariums, I am absolutely terrified by mold / mildew. *shivers*
    Prepare to be horrified, bug bodies are covered in fungal spores, every time you put live bugs into the terrarium, you potentially invite unwanted guests.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are getting mold growing on your plants (and/or their meals) then you need to improve air movement. Terrariums are notorious for creating more problems than they solve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Both of you :P

I don't give live food to the terrarium plants unless something flies in there unexpected (like gnats). I'm sticking to dried / rehydrated foods for them atm.

Air circ. has just been addressed with the fan installation, though I may discover that I need more influx from outside, rather than churning around the existing air, we'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    If you are getting mold growing on your plants (and/or their meals) then you need to improve air movement. Terrariums are notorious for creating more problems than they solve.
    For me, the food doesn't really seem to get moldy that often. Only if I let it sit there for more than a week, by which time the plant has gotten plenty out of it anyway.

The sticky ones are my favorite. Tacks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a problem with mold on D. burmannii, they absolutely demolish food. If they're getting bright enough light they should be super dewy and very aggressive in digestion.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast