Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Zath's CP Collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-naming Thread and New Pics + Questions

Took some new pictures today of some fine (and not so fine) looking things.

My S. 'Mardi Gras' just opened up it's first new pitcher since I've had it. Vibrant and beautiful.
    S. 'Mardi Gras' 6-21-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

My S. Minor, starting to look like it's older siblings (which are looking pretty ragged). This is essentially the only living leaf on the plant
    S. Minor 6-21-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

A budding flower on my U. Calycifida 'Asenathe Waite'. Hopefully the first of many (three buds so far):
    Asenathe Waite Flower 6-21-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

My VFT 'Dente'; developing it's first "toothed" traps
    VFT 'dente' 6-21-14. 2png by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

Even more S. Rubra weirdness. Can't it just make a single normal looking pitcher?
    S. Rubra (close) 6-21-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

If you can't tell, the one on the right is crooked
    S. Rubra 6-21-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

And finally....something I've been seeing the last few days with increasing frequency. Maybe someone knows what they are, and if it's possible they are the cause of some of the plant deformities I've been experiencing.
    Cp pest by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I would go grab the neem and give everything a once over. Caveat: it kills live sphag, so try not to get the sphag too much with the neem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    Yup, I would go grab the neem and give everything a once over. Caveat: it kills live sphag, so try not to get the sphag too much with the neem.
    Alright...here's the thing. I don't have Neem Oil, and nobody locally sells it (I've looked at Wally World and Lowes, it's all I have), so I'm going to have to order it.

Which KIND of Neem Oil. I don't know what I"m doing there, and I'm seeing like 15 different products. Help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, looks like thrips damage on the minor and rubra.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zath View Post
    Alright...here's the thing. I don't have Neem Oil, and nobody locally sells it (I've looked at Wally World and Lowes, it's all I have), so I'm going to have to order it.

Which KIND of Neem Oil. I don't know what I"m doing there, and I'm seeing like 15 different products. Help?
    I use this one. It has directions... something like mix a couple tablespoons to gallon of water

Their NeemII spray is what I go to if just the neem doesn't work (it's neem + pyrethrins), and from there I escalate to Bayer rose and garden, and if that doesn't work, Sevin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrarium 1.3.0

With the recent influx of plants recently, thanks to generous members of Terraforums (Shortbus and Acro this time 'round. Thanks guys), I had to seriously think about re-arranging, as my Ping was getting cramped, and I was just generally running out of room.

I think this will work for a while. At least it's starting to look like a proper CP terrarium, lol.

Everything at a glance.
    Terrarium Full 6-23-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

A (somewhat dark) picture of the heating and tray-bubbler arrangement. I got lucky with the container, as it let me reduce the heater footprint to a fraction of what it was.
    Terrarium Heater and Bubbler by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

I finally got around to making a little shade-tent for the U. Calycifida. It looks redneck as hell, but I think it will work, lol. Adjustable too, to make room for the flower stalk.
    Utric Shade tent by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

And now just some plants, yeah?

D. capensis x spatulata
    D. capensis x spatulata 6-23-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

The regular D. Spatulata that I was wondering whether to divide or not (I did) :P
    D. spatulata 6-23-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

I believe this one is U. Sandersonii, and might be flowering (just north of center)...or it may be grass, which has tricked me more than once, lol.
    U. Sandersonii 6-23-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

And a REALLY purple new leaf on the 'Yog-Sothoth' (part of the reason why I finally made the shade)
    U. Calycifida 'Yog-Sothoth' 6-23-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

The P. Moctezumae is actually sitting in it's own little tray, so I can let the water level fluctuate for it, and the two nepenthes seed pots are still completely drained, sitting atop over-turned dishes.

I still have to get in there every three days or so, but I won't be splashing so much water around now, lol.

P.S. Right after I took these photos, and I mean 15 minutes after...the D. capensis from Acro's giveaway showed up. They're potted and in there as well, I just didn't feel like repeating pictures for two pots of capensis, lol. I'll let them get a little healthier looking.
    Last edited by Zath; 06-23-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The one zu shower is at Lowe's but not with pest control. It's with orchid / fruit tree fertilizer. Bottom line ask someone that works there help you find it. :-)
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good Zath! That is a flower on the U. sandersonii for sure. I just add U calycifida to the collection too and will be learning to grow that one right along with you. Fingers crossed!
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast