What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is also another small bog off to the left for drosera, and one of the other bog plants. We ended up moving the cranberry out, and planting it in its own special container alongside the blueberries.

Bog garden expansion by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

Fly trap bog is on the right in this picture.

The main bog was getting a bit more shaded than I liked, so I moved the iris, and other tall plants, away. Left only he short stuff, like huechera surrounding it. Much better. Also dug up and re set the stones, as they were getting buried in overgrown grass...

Bog garden by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

Used old crock pots for mini bogs. They are sturdy, non draining, and easy to move if I need to. Right now there are 3 surrounding mini bogs, one for D. Filiformis, one for D. Intermedia, and one for Venus fly traps.

Clever use of old crocks, Jen. Stealing that one!

Looks so beautiful maybe i can actually try doing something in the only area in my yard that isn't cement or pavement. I just gotta hollow out this old tree Stump i was gonna kinda use it as a plant pot but i may just rip it out and put in a few small bog pots like u to grow sarrs since i think they would fair better with more space and prob have a better chance being grown outside in MA. But u never kno with the unpredictable weather we get here!

Corey, check your local thrift store, crock pots dirt cheap.

KAT, what ag zone are you in? I'm in zone 5, and if you go back through,older posts in this thread, you'll see what I do to protect my bog for winter. I suspect you could easily grow sarracenia and dionaea outdoors where you live, with less winter care.

Back