What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

....and Porches...

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
This may not be the caliber of 2010, but it was made a lot healthier by my CP friends:

I removed the peat and replaced it with sand:

Last edited:
Isn't it a little late for plants to be coming out of dormancy right now? Or did you take the pictures a while ago? I'm interested in seeing how your Darlingtonia setup turns out.

It was a long, cold winter. Here in Western NY we are running weeks behind. That photo was taken today.

yep, my plants are also way behind this year..
My first Sarr pitcher opened up about 2 weeks ago..

Scot

S. flava

?

Judith Hindle?

rubra

catesbei

Daina's Delight

leucophylla

Aldrovanda

doodlebug

yep, my plants are also way behind this year..
My first Sarr pitcher opened up about 2 weeks ago..

Scot

That's about the same for me (in Concord, NH). Maybe 3 weeks ago. A nice flava. Since then, I've had another couple open, but most look like Jimscott's, the pitchers are growing, but few have opened.

I love your pygmy sundews. Such great color!

LOL! That top pygmy with the 7 petals is squirrelly. Earlier in the season it produced a 5 petal flower and after that a 3 petal one. What does it have against even numbers?

Spring in general is late this year. My Sarrs wintered outdoors, and they are about on par with your guys'. My Leuc and Purp opened pitchers within a week (they are flowering now.) All the rest are still growing TONS of pitchers, but few, if any are open. I swear my Psitticina has 50 new pitchers, lol.

Scot's Leah Wilkerson:

Back