User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED grow light testing (Lvjing High Power 120w Led Plant Grow Light Panel)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, subbed for results. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biweekly update for ya:

Sarracenia is growing, seems to be doing fine.

Can't really tell what's going on with the VFT, seems to be alright. I've been triggering the big trap every couple of days it snaps shut really fast, that's a good sign right? Also the "dormant" fly trap is starting to grow.

I also got a capensis from a local nursery just to test out sundews as well, and plants that require less light. Had it for maybe 4 days now, it's growing and maintaining dew, we'll see if the newer leaves are any bigger.

EDIT: sorry for the large images, don't have time to resize them right now.
    Last edited by sss; 01-23-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biweekly update. Last week:

This week:

Anyway basicly the results so far are that all plants are growing, success I guess, the catebaei is growing a pitcher which so far is taller than the older ones, but also has no color yet (although this might happen after it opens up). I think the flytraps have the most interesting results, the new growth has much more color too it and actually has red in the traps, unlike the old growth, but as you can see they are much much smaller:

I'm a little disappointed at the results so far, while yes everything is growing, after looking at Millipede's results these seem less then desirable. I actually ended up caving in and purchase the exact setup Milipede has to set up a second shelf, just to see the difference in results.

Also sorry for my crappy photography skills, I didn't even check the photos last week so I had to use what I had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to update this because after being very discouraged by the initial results I have found that one month later these plants are finally starting to look a lot better.

Here is the sarracenia comparison from first picture 2 months ago to now, the pitchers are twice as big as they were:

Here is a close up of the sarracenia, it's getting a lot of color and you can't really see it in this picture but it's also developing nectar droplets along the mouth of the pitcher"

And here are the flytraps and the dormant plants I got:

Overall the flytraps seem to be doing the best, they are really coloring up and regaining their size. The hybrid sarracenia has developed it's viens and is actually coloring up on one side of the lid. These leaves are probably about 1-2 inches from the light now, so that might have something to do with the sudden coloration.
    Last edited by sss; 03-09-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been testing the same system on my Mexican Pings. (Sorry, no photos of before and after). I haven't really seen much of a difference. I think the plants are getting a bit larger, perhaps, but color did not get any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently moved several of my dormant plants under these lights to see the rresults. so far the dormant filiformis have awakened from dormancy, they aren't as red as normal but they are producing dew. also I am increasing the timer so the light will be on 17 hours vs 14 hours from before, I'm curious if a longer photoperiod will yield better results. I'll keep you guys updated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should just get a new light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any recommendations?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast