User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED grow light testing (Lvjing High Power 120w Led Plant Grow Light Panel)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sss - Thank you for documenting your experiences with this new unit. Sharing your experiences with the rest of us is certainly helpful to me and probably others as well.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.amazon.com/Watt-Aquarium-.../dp/B00881FXKA I use an older model that is only blue and white leds. I don't have any meters, but from years of practical experience with growing corals and now recently plants these are about the equivalent of a 175W metal halide. It will light an approximately 2' x 3' area sufficiently bright to grow any full sun plant you wish. I started a thread about it: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ght=taotronics
    I really don't take very good pictures, so I don't have any more current pics, but Sarrs, Pygmy Drosera, Ophrys and Catasetum orchids, Geissorhiza species and Passionflowers, among other plants have grown very well under them, . So far everything I put under them grows well once I get the lighting right. Color on my Cephalotus 'Emu Point' is very good. I just moved it outside this morning, but I'll get a pic of that tomorrow morning and post it here.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current crappy pic of the Ceph, but it does show the coloration. As far as growth, the plant approximately doubled over the time it was indoors for the winter. Admittedly a bit more than half of that time was under different lighting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LED grow light testing (Lvjing High Power 120w Led Plant Grow Light Panel)-img_20150405_094922-jpg  
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up going against your advice for another cheaper option, the Apollo GL60LED. Received it today and my first impression is it's freakin' bright, I remember somebody saying the Lvjing was blinding, I never really got that impression, looking into the light never really had me seeing spots or anything. This new unit is blinding though, I looked into the light for maybe 1.5 seconds and was seeing black spots for the next 20 seconds. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to set this up into my current shelf system and once that's done I can begin testing on the new unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI!

I'm also starting testing the Blue/Red LED Pannels myself for almost 1 week now, on D. Capensis, D. Aliciae, P. Tina, D. Scorpioides, Many Drosera babies, N. Alata leaf cuttings, Sarracenia (i think it's Purpurea x Flava) and Sarracenia Purpurea

All I could see until now, since 5 days has passed, is:
    P. Tina flower likes the lights. It turns everytime for the light, and the plant itself seems to hold its dew pretty nicely
    D. Capensis lost their dew somehow...
    D. Scorpioides (maybe it wasn't triggered by these lights, but somethings else) started producing gemmae.
    Sarracenia (supposedly Purpurea x Flava) are for only 1 day there, so I wouldn't know.
    Sarracenia Purpurea are doing just fine.
    If you guys are interested, I'll post some weekly updates. The pannels are 2x 14W LED lights, at around 40-50cm height from the plants.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123